Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More bloody floods in Cornwall today

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My sympathies to you.Saw some pics. of Helston on the t.v.Not nice at any time of the year,let alone Christmas.
We were down in Padstow 2 weeks ago and the weather was fantastic........what a change now.
Anyway have a good Christmas and keep dry!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And people falsely say the Mayans got it wrong.

Tipping down in Somerset,too.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It hasnt stopped for 24 hours here in North Somerset, my patio is currently two inches deep and getting deeper by the hour.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Maybe it really is time to go big on green eco technology.
It's interesting no media is willing to discuss a link to global warming. Yup this is just natural weather pattern/earths cyclic pattern but is exactly the type of weather that was predicted for the UK

I'm impressed by the Environment Agency's flood maps. They show exactly where flooding might occur in the worst weather conditions ... out our way, with 100 per cent accuracy. Our road is completely under water (to a depth I've never seen before) - exactly where the Agency predicts.

Environment Agency - Whats in your backyard?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
There's been some interesting data released recently that's not been talked about much.1 no country in the EC is investing heavily in the science of co2 capture at the moment.2 the China and India goverments are ploughing ahead with the building of coal-fired power stations coupled with the fact that they will shortly become the largest uses of coal. 3 the American oil giants have said that there is alot more oil reserves that can be got at and in the next 20 -30yrs they don't see a problem with supply. So the Greens are going to have a hard time slowing down the so-called climate change anytime soon. So the Goverment in this country has to look at stopping all building on or near flood plains.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I Saw the thread titile I thought it must be your Mr's time of the month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here