Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Moon Creature

el punal

It's the summer silly season and time to solve a mystery that has been bugging me for decades. I was born in '55 so this gives you a start to the era I'm talking about. Some-when, late 60's or early 70's, I remember watching a documentary on TV about a missing film reel from either the moon or mars. The programme goes on the hunt for the film, finally locating it. Final scene of the show is the video which shoes movement and some creature living on the moon. At the time it scared me to bits, but did I really watch it or was it a dream. I've searched the web but found nothing. I also know that it was shown on 1st April. Someone out there must be my age and remember this show.

If it was the moon, then blessed are the cheese makers. :D

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
The soup dragon lived on the same planet as the clangers...in a crater...unlike the metal chicken that lived in a nest (also metal) that was a satellite of the clangers world.

I’m pretty sure that I THOUGHT the clangers lived on the moon because of the craters etc. But I see another correspondent has debunked this theory.

I’ve just looked it up and they all lived on and in a small planet far far away.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’ve just looked it up and they all lived on and in a small planet far far away.

That is soothing to my soul. The thought of all those knitted aardvarks and dragons living so close to me makes me physically sick.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Clangers

Fabulous programme.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The metal chicken lives in the middle of a roundabout on the edge of Dorking.

The nest, if memory serves, was made of all sorts of old metal shit...spanner’s, bed springs, bits of pipe and whatnot..is the Dorking Chicken similarly housed?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
There are some powerful search options on IMDB I did a quick try but didnt have any luck. Knowing what you are looking for you would probably be able to narrow it down more easily.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The nest, if memory serves, was made of all sorts of old metal shit...spanner’s, bed springs, bits of pipe and whatnot..is the Dorking Chicken similarly housed?

The nest of the Dorking Chicken (actually a Cockerel) is a transient mix of coke cans, crisp packets and chip cartons.

It doesn’t look comfortable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here