Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monty Python - Live From The O2

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
First time my kids have seen a lot of this and they were on the floor. Could set off a whole new audience.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
We went on Tuesday night and it was fantastic. Everyone wanted the old sketches and they did them.

it wasn't flawless but that was expected. They are all in their seventies now.

glad I was there..

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Went to see it at one of the cinema feeds - was a thoroughly enjoyable show; some bits obviously felt a bit tired as we've heard them lots over the years, but they've earned one last hurrah. Oddly, some of the funniest bits were the ad-libbing and the corpsing.

May 27, 2014
I'm probably the only person in the universe who never thought the Python thing was remotely funny. Give me Hilda Baker and Big Hearted Arfrur Mullard anyday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
John Cleese is trying to earn enough money to remarry.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Odd.I'd have thought someone with such a happy disposition and a comedy happy trigger would have loved Monty python.

Hmmm. I always though Python was akin to Marmite really. One was forced to state whether one liked it, or not. No middle ground so to speak I'm afraid l'm a tad more conventional when it comes to my tastes conedy-wise. Dads Army, Only Fools and Horses, and Terry and June being amongst my faves.

I wonder what that tells you about me? lol.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
We went on Tuesday night and it was fantastic. Everyone wanted the old sketches and they did them.

it wasn't flawless but that was expected. They are all in their seventies now.

glad I was there..

I went on Tuesday as well. I was the annoying one shouting Albatross everytime somebody came by, trying to sell ice creams.
Absolutly loved it !! I was a bit concerned some of the corpsing was staged. I was very pleased to see non of Tuesday's corpsing materialized last night in certain sketches , but appeared spontaniously in others . The only quibble last night was the ad libbing during the Parrot sketch and the Cheese Shop sketch nearly derailed two of the funniest sketches in their repotoire.
Also found it interesting that each sketch was still routed in the seventies .Nudge Nudge still used old fahioned pub chairs and the price of the argument , being a pound , was paid as a pound note.
Very very glad I went to see the people who single handledly tailored my sense of humour over the last 40 years .

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I went on Tuesday as well. I was the annoying one shouting Albatross everytime somebody came by, trying to sell ice creams.
Absolutly loved it !! I was a bit concerned some of the corpsing was staged. I was very pleased to see non of Tuesday's corpsing materialized last night in certain sketches , but appeared spontaniously in others . The only quibble last night was the ad libbing during the Parrot sketch and the Cheese Shop sketch nearly derailed two of the funniest sketches in their repotoire.
Also found it interesting that each sketch was still routed in the seventies .Nudge Nudge still used old fahioned pub chairs and the price of the argument , being a pound , was paid as a pound note.
Very very glad I went to see the people who single handledly tailored my sense of humour over the last 40 years .

I went Tuesday as well - didnt spot you two - even though I have no idea what you both look like....... Thought the show better on Tuesday than from what I saw last night, in particular the afore mentioned Dead Parrot/Cheesehop sketches and the Spanish Inquisition. I dont think they could have made it any better considering the age of the sketches/performers and the fact that they were originally written for the small screen. Shame the Battle of Pearl Harbour was not performed live and Doug and Dinsdale did not make an appearance :)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Have recorded it. Can anyone confirm they included the Piranha Brothers which was my fave sketch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here