Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Month Python together again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Personally I am also underwhelmed by the news. They were great in their day, but their day was over 40 years ago. Time to move on.

The Jam too were great in their day more than 30 years ago, but if they reformed I'd kill for tickets.

It will be interesting to see what sort of content Python come up with. The thing about Python for me is that for every funny sketch there's 7 or 8 dull sketches, but that one funny one is usually comedic genius.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's sort of good news, trouble is that as said earlier, they were good in their day but will the pass the test of time. I think the zany days of brainstorming and pushing back the frontiers of television are gone forever and I'm not sure they will still have that edge as a comedic ensemble.
They have all moved away from the heady days of satire and surrealism in to more mainstream careers. Playrights,film directors, and travel writers may not be able to cut the mustard any more.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Leave well alone. History is history, for those that liked it, it can only be a disappointment.

I agree, the likes of The Beatles (when all were alive) and ABBA knew when to leave well alone.

Saw Python at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in '72 and it was a great show, I enjoyed their movies but I won't be spending money on their reunion. I need the cash more than they do too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's sort of good news, trouble is that as said earlier, they were good in their day but will the pass the test of time. I think the zany days of brainstorming and pushing back the frontiers of television are gone forever and I'm not sure they will still have that edge as a comedic ensemble.
They have all moved away from the heady days of satire and surrealism in to more mainstream careers. Playrights,film directors, and travel writers may not be able to cut the mustard any more.

Do you know the words to the Philosophers song ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here