Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Money spent on players in promotion push

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I am simplifying things with regard to profit/loss on player sales and purchases. Ulloa gave us a set amount of spending power that was relative to his sale?

Didn't Poyet say that Bloom had a pot for player purchases and a pot for wages?

That was changed because he complained about it, which was 5 years ago.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely with Newcastle you need to look at the net result? They spent big, but received huge amounts in transfer fees for players they sold.
It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking to see who is buying the Championship, I don't see what difference it makes if you got your money from selling a player you'd previously bought in the PL - the fact is, Newcastle (and some others) have spent a lot more on transfer fees and wages than we have.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Thanks for that, but it was the "but we now know there was more to it" part I was hoping to be enlightened on.

Sorry it wasn't that juicy.

The "but we now know there was more to it" was that although there was a seperate pot, this was only used as an excuse by Poyet to make it sound like it was Bloom's fault that Murray left, when it was common knowledge that Poyet had personal issues with him. Bloom was happy to pay what Murray was asking but Poyet didn't think he was worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here