Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Money in vegas.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Hi all

I am going to vegas for a few days for the fight in late April/may. I am pretty much sorted for everything apart from deciding what to do for cash. What is the best thing to do?
1) take loads of cash
2) credit cards over there?
3) debit cards?
4) one of those pre paid cards from post office
5) something else
6) take 100 bucks and turn it into 3000 on first evening and use that.

take 100 bucks and turn it into 3000 on first evening and use that.
Any advice appreciated
Cheers

No 6)That`s the best way..but unlikely to happen...Ps take a helicopter ride over Grand Canyon..Amazing view Vegas is surrounded by desert...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
No 6)That`s the best way..but unlikely to happen...Ps take a helicopter ride over Grand Canyon..Amazing view Vegas is surrounded by desert...

Cheers all.

We are staying 2 miles off the strip at some beach resort place. We have an 8 person suite for 6 of us. They mucked up as we only paid 800 quid for 3 nights so less than 50 quid a night each. Same room ( we booked day fight announced) now almost 2k - so we have already beaten vegas.

Hotels on strip take the piss with prices for this fight.

We have booked a helicopter for the six of us to GC and can't wait for that. We are calling that day super Saturday with Grand Canyon and then the fight and then God knows what.

Flights to Vegas also crazy so going to LA and driving over (one of my mates has a cousin in Malibu beach to stay a night with). We fancied a day in LA so it made sense.

I am going to investigate pre paid account.

Can't wait.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Going in July, treasure island. £600 for six nights including flight (excludes resort fee).

Will take £1000 and hope to win a bit on the cash tables.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Going in July, treasure island. £600 for six nights including flight (excludes resort fee).

Will take £1000 and hope to win a bit on the cash tables.

Stayed at treasure island last year, it's decent.

They do really good rates on the cabanas by the pool which are worth it - $200 for the day

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saw them rates. Will prob get a cabana in other hotels too, loads of options. Wht did the cabana come with in TI?

Not a great deal, service, few soft drinks and area to sit - and the fittest servers I have ever seen.

image.jpg

She was the least attractive

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers all.

We are staying 2 miles off the strip at some beach resort place.

Vegas is in the middle of the desert. It's much more than 2 miles to the beach.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can anyone with vegas knowledge suggest a pool party please? I reckon that we are too old for such nonsense (35) but my mates are all keen and it is my job. Some of them are extortionate to visit. Any tips appreciated.

Cheers

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Can anyone with vegas knowledge suggest a pool party please? I reckon that we are too old for such nonsense (35) but my mates are all keen and it is my job. Some of them are extortionate to visit. Any tips appreciated.

Cheers
Yes I have a tip for you.
Do not wear budgie smugglers.
With some of the girls that turn up to those parties your knob will be poking out the top and you will go to jail.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Cheers

More you pay the better you get.. Wet Republic is probably the best, with the top names. If you aren't that arsed, just go for a free one or cheaper one

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can someone tell me why anyone goes to Vegas? What exactly is the main attraction. Just curious..

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can someone tell me why anyone goes to Vegas? What exactly is the main attraction. Just curious..

We are going because we are curious what it is like and we agreed years ago we would go when the big fight happens.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
When walking the strip you will get lots of Mexicans handing out cards advertising stunning babes for about $30 to visiting your hotel.

I never phoned one, but doubt it would have been as cheap as that if someone tuned up.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Gambling, warm weather, gambling, entertainment, gambling, alcohol, gambling, swimming pools, gambling. Maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon. Can't see the appeal myself, best cancel my trip next month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here