Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monday Pitch invasion

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally I'd rather the players could stay out there and take the applause of the crowd rather than having to leg it. Plus we won't actually have won anything...

Feb 14, 2010
Personally I'd rather the players could stay out there and take the applause of the crowd rather than having to leg it. Plus we won't actually have won anything...

Really? nah, give me the teenagers running on the pitch to nick the players shirt, boots and jumping up and down on the pitch any day. Just like in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Great scenes when that happens no matter what sport

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Really? nah, give me the teenagers running on the pitch to nick the players shirt, boots and jumping up and down on the pitch any day. Just like in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Great scenes when that happens no matter what sport

Exactly. Everyone on the pitch and the players and Gus can appear in the 1901 tier of the West, like the old days at the Goldstone.

But we've got to win first, and it is going to be bloody hard. Watching the 2nd leg of the other game hasn't done much for my nerves.

Lets think about it. If Brighton beat Palace to go to Wembley to play for a place in the top league in the world will their be a pitch invasion?

I think - a yes :rave:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Players hate it. Half the crowd don't then get to see them and it's bound to lead to trouble given the opposition. Other than that, great.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Appears the club don't want us on the pitch:

Final Whistle!

Whatever the result, it is essential you respect the safety of the players, staff and fellow supporters and stay off the pitch at the final whistle. Also, IF we are successful in the semi-final, Gus and the team will need the pitch in the best possible condition for training. So please stay off the pitch and don't risk arrest at the final whistle.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...rystal-palace-818092.aspx#BpJdvflG6E1DCMqT.99

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Appears the club don't want us on the pitch:

Final Whistle!

Whatever the result, it is essential you respect the safety of the players, staff and fellow supporters and stay off the pitch at the final whistle. Also, IF we are successful in the semi-final, Gus and the team will need the pitch in the best possible condition for training. So please stay off the pitch and don't risk arrest at the final whistle.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...rystal-palace-818092.aspx#BpJdvflG6E1DCMqT.99

Every club says the same thing at the end of every season. They're hardly going to say "break the ground regulations and join us on the pitch afterwards", are they?

Gus pretty much hinted it was OK before the Wolves game anyway when he said something along the lines of "Please don't come on the pitch today, we need the pitch in the best possible condition for the semi finals. After that we'll see what happens".

IF we win thousands will go on, so there's not much point in debating it.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I know someone who spoke to one of the stewards at the ground on Saturday and they are fully preparing for a pitch invasion if we win, apparently.

I don't agree with the post that said why, we wouldn't have won anything, we would, we`d have won a place at Wembley for only the third time in the clubs history and against our arch rivals, with a chance to get to the prem, if that doesn't warrant a pitch invasion, I don't know what does.

After the way Watford won their game today, I rather suspect tomorrow will be our final anyway, as we will find it bloody hard to beat Watford in the mood they'll be in now, so we might as well make the most of it.

Dec 29, 2011
Isn't this a bit tinpot? Like clackers.

Why do you care so much what other clubs think? It feels good, it's an outpour of emotion after beating our fiercest rivals in the play-off semi finals. People not doing things out of being called 'tinpot' (what the **** does that even mean) is just sad.

Dec 29, 2011
I know someone who spoke to one of the stewards at the ground on Saturday and they are fully preparing for a pitch invasion if we win, apparently.

Fully prepared as in; well organised and able stop any invasion?
Or full prepared as in totally expecting it?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Or full prepared as in totally expecting it?
expecting one

surferdave

Nov 24, 2012
Watford did it + a flare!
watford2.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Keith, Keith Dublin being carried high towards the Goldstone tunnel. :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactly. Everyone on the pitch and the players and Gus can appear in the 1901 tier of the West, like the old days at the Goldstone.

But we've got to win first, and it is going to be bloody hard. Watching the 2nd leg of the other game hasn't done much for my nerves.

extra time and penalties for sure

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm going to get to the pitch from East Upper by zip wire:eek:
Relying on [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] to catch me tho----------double:eek::eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here