Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monaco Grand Prix

I saw that, and I think both his interview and reporting since has concluded there were no actual problems with his brakes or tyres, just that he did't feel confident enough to push hard on them, and therefore the temperatures weren't getting in the tyres or his brakes. In short, he had a bit of a shocker. Looked to me that he nursed it home from lap 1! :lolol:
I wonder what caused his lack of confidence then? I imagine Monaco isn't the best place to race in the rain but it's not a fast circuit by any means. Perhaps we'll find out soon enough.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think this race showed the difference between a world champion and a good racing driver. The conditions were dangerous and Hamilton is a born racer, Rosberg will have been backing off as he would not have been comfortable in a twitchy car on a wet track with armcos less than six inches away at high speed. Fantastic race by Hamilton pedestrian in the extreme by Rosberg and if his brakes weren't up to temperature it was because he was pussyfooting.....IMO.

Hamilton's drive reminded me very much of his (and my) hero Ayrton Senna at Monaco one year when he kept Nigel Mansell behind him en route to winning the race.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton's drive reminded me very much of his (and my) hero Ayrton Senna at Monaco one year when he kept Nigel Mansell behind him en route to winning the race.

Loved that race, was totally gutted that Mansell couldn't get past. You're right it was very similar, except the Brit won this time :smile:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Loved that race, was totally gutted that Mansell couldn't get past.
Was it 1992?

I seem to remember Mansell making a late pitstop then throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Senna trying to get back past, unsuccessfully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here