• 1 (Low)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Oh Bold come on!

I've not mentioned Albion in the Community once in my threads. This is the first time it has come up. I've already said that this is not a criticism of outreach activities, and that my definition of the word 'community' is somewhat wider.

And lastly, allowing the women's team to have 2 games a year at the Amex, and the rest of the year forcing them to play in Crawley is both disparaging and proves that the women's team could play their games in Brighton.
Ridiculous argument, which is derailing this thread.

Mojo at 10 for me.

Anyone who gets paid a full time wage to play football and stay fit, is ridiculously privileged. Other clubs and other jobs are available, if having to play in a modern stadium in Crawley is too much of a hardship. That the men earn vastly more, is down to us idiots ensuring they are paid hugely inflated wages to feed our obsession.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
9 for me

Deduct one for the defeat at Charlton - I really would love to WIN something and get into Europe.

Seems very churlish to moan about anything else but I'd like the club to address the post match transport issues.

10 would mean there's no room for improvement - and there is....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You bought the community side of the club into in your first post then said I was conflating things. I’m not sure you really know what you’re trying to say, mainly the women should play at the Amex, but very good reasons why they don’t.

‘Forcing them’ ‘disparaging’ - all very colourful, but Maupay-esque wide of the mark. It might be preferable if they could play at the Amex, everything else is just bluster because so much has been put into the Womens game.
I used the word community and then provided a definition when asked.

You brought ‘Albion in the Community’ into this, I did not.

I made clear that I was not attacking the club’s outreach activities, yet you seem intent on implying that I am attacking that.

My use of ‘disparaging’ was a device designed to play your own words against you as you used the term first.

This is all about recognizing that as one community, our stadium should be used for all and that includes the women’s team.

The question posed at the start of the thread was about how high our mojo was. Mine is high, but I’m not blind to ways in which the club can improve or matters we should keep on our agendas to future proof the club.

Nobody has argued that investment has not been made in the women’s team, but do you stop there? No.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sigh some seriously suppressed people on here.

It is okay to be a 10 now and then a 4, 3, 2, or 1 when we lose by two to Palace, after spending 89 minutes camped just outside their area and they have somehow managed to score twice despite only crossing the halfway line once in the entire match.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Solid 8 but I do worry about losing Trossard, Caicedo, Mitoma, Sanchez and Alexis in the summer.

We'll lose 1 or 2 in the summer - can't see us losing them all in one window.

We'd have circa 250 - 300 million to spend though if we did!

Get into Europe and they'll all stay!

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
They play for Brighton in Crawley.

It’s an honour for Brighton to have a top flight women’s team. Perhaps we should recognise that honour by making sure that team plays in Brighton.

Again, I am not attacking the club’s charitable and outreach activities, and it would be misleading to conflate the two, so please don’t let that happen.

What I am saying is that if the Amex Community Stadium is there to serve all the community, then it should be the place where our women’s team play. When will they be good enough for that honour?
I guess when they can sell enough tickets to justify allowing them to play at the Amex.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
A 9 from me. I’m keeping 10 up my sleeve for when we win the Premier League!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ive gone 8 at the moment which may well go up or down depending on transfer activity.......on an amusing note it's not going too well for CHELSEA ....:lolol: shame ....:lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A big fat juicy 9

what’s not to like, I thought we had a gem in Potter, I thought we would struggle to find an upgrade, I thought RDZ was a gamble….

just goes to show, just how little I actually know about football…

In Bloom I trust, god were lucky here on the South coast….

Were Brighton & Hove Albion, we rule the South coast…

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm going to say 9, should reserve 10 for a cup or maybe European qualification.

But, what a team and club right now, and, my 5 year old son, with very little encouragement from me, has emerged as a bona fide Brighton fan.

Very happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here