Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
As has been mentioned, the contract is sure to have a release clause in there, but this deal gives him a pay rise which may delay his desire to move on, and it means we can demand top dollar if anyone does want to sign him.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Fantastic news - it will surely contain a release clause but great achievement to lock him down (for now) amongst interest from some of the world's biggest clubs. A terrific boon for the club ahead of this weekend and just shows what can be done when all parties work together with a willing player. Hopefully his loyalty is rewarded with some on pitch success
Apparently not, no release clause.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair play to him signing. He's obviously got a big increase but will still probably go but just means we can get a bigger fee. Less likely he run down his contract like Biss did. Humble pie for all those slagging him off.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fantastic news - it will surely contain a release clause but great achievement to lock him down (for now) amongst interest from some of the world's biggest clubs. A terrific boon for the club ahead of this weekend and just shows what can be done when all parties work together with a willing player. Hopefully his loyalty is rewarded with some on pitch success
Hopefully it'll give an incentive to others to stay at the club..
Alexis Mac, Mitoma and of course RDZ.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s amazing news indeed if he indeed stays with us for several more seasons.

But it doesn’t stop him going earlier just increases his transfer value - (Sorry, not trying to be negative just realistic)

(Tho’ of course a better wage deal for Moises, in the meantime)
I think this is 1000 times better than the player 'seeing out' his contract and going for nothing, which was the likely scenario with Tossard.

And doesn't this mean he's our first £70+ million pound signing? Yes, yes, I think it does :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Apparently not, no release clause.
That's wonderful news. Maybe you could give a link to the full contract details ?

Because otherwise, I'm with the swede :wink:

Great news. Realistically he signed it with some kind of promise or clause to be allowed to be sold for x money (£90-100m?) to x type (CL?) of clubs, meaning he'll probably move in the summer anyway. But still a strong statement for the rest of the spring.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Triffic news. Yes, he will probably still be off but I have my doubts that will be this summer.
Moises and Mac on new contracts is great news

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here