Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
An important line in the sand was drawn.

Big money clubs can now see that getting a player to down tools to force a move won't automatically work at the albion - the price will need to be met, and the club will need to already have/be able to get a replacement player.

Well done albion.
This. Also sends out an important message to our players and their agents. If the Albion had caved in on this one, they'd almost certainly have faced more of the same next transfer window. Players and their agents might now think twice before trying to pull the same stunt

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I keep seeing various pundits trot out the "well look at what happened to Southampton" line as if they expect us to sell everything and not replace any players.

I didn't follow Southampton's comings and goings particularly closely at the time, but were they the sort of club to roll over every time Liverpool came knocking or did they play hard ball?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I keep seeing various pundits trot out the "well look at what happened to Southampton" line as if they expect us to sell everything and not replace any players.

I didn't follow Southampton's comings and goings particularly closely at the time, but were they the sort of club to roll over every time Liverpool came knocking or did they play hard ball?
Literally took the first offer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It wasn't just Liverpool. Arsenal raided them as well.

Southampton's problem wasn't selling players, it was several changes of ownership.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Naylor's previous tweets were so convincing, I suspect they came right from the top.

So too, I suspect does the tweet above. It's Tony taking the piss out of Arsenal.
Arsenal are being played like a fiddle, and they still don't realise it.

'We'll be coming back for him in the summer'. Excellent - you're in love with Caicedo and will pay anything.
More of the same then. Either that or Tony will rinse you. Thanks for the heads up!
Sadly, even if we appear to 'rinse' them, Caicedo is SO good that even £100m will eventually see Arsenal getting the better deal (i.e. they could easily get 10 years of trophies from him)

Desperately hoping he goes to Europe this summer!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Sadly, even if we appear to 'rinse' them, Caicedo is SO good that even £100m will eventually see Arsenal getting the better deal (i.e. they could easily get 10 years of trophies from him)

Desperately hoping he goes to Europe this summer!
While you're right, remember that many of our recent departures have been replaced with an upgrade. Trossard - Mitoma. Potter - RDZ. Burn - Cucurella. Cucurella - Estupinan.

It won't be at all easy to upgrade on Caicedo of course. But I took note of what one Sweden-based journo said about Ayari - he's a midfield metronome and dominates the midfield. At age 19. Watch this space.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor's previous tweets were so convincing, I suspect they came right from the top.

So too, I suspect does the tweet above. It's Tony taking the piss out of Arsenal.
Arsenal are being played like a fiddle, and they still don't realise it.

'We'll be coming back for him in the summer'. Excellent - you're in love with Caicedo and will pay anything.
More of the same then. Either that or Tony will rinse you. Thanks for the heads up!
Metro reporting similar to what Naylor suggests.

Reading between lines, it seems Chelsea made a first bid of 55M (fair enough), were told in no uncertain terms by Bloom, this isnt a negotiating tactic, hes not for sale in this window under any circumstance so dont try another bid, and they didnt.

Arsenal then made a bid of 60M (fair enough), were told in no uncertain terms by Bloom, this isnt a negotiating tactic, hes not for sale in this window under any circumstance so dont try another bid, so they then conspired with Caicedos new Agents, no doubt for a fat agents fee, and ignored Bloom, went back in again and at the same time got Caicedo/agents to try the 'refuse to play' tactics, forced move with pleas on social media campaign and using Fabrizi Romano (no doubt led by Arsenal in full cahoots with the new Agents).

Dirty underhand and shabby from Arsenal, pains to say it, but Chelseas conduct in this saga is clearly better, and I'd suggest their respect of Blooms wishes makes them clear favourite come the summer or beyond........

Edu and Agents are Idiots for thinking they could pressure Bloom by such underhand methods. There will only ever be one winner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone outside the training ground to see if our boy turns up today?
If he was expect a photo shoot from the club by the end of the day

Edit, seems he has, wooo hoo, GO Moises!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Metro reporting similar to what Naylor suggests.

Reading between lines, it seems Chelsea made a first bid of 55M (fair enough), were told in no uncertain terms by Bloom, this isnt a negotiating tactic, hes not for sale in this window under any circumstance so dont try another bid, and they didnt.

Arsenal then made a bid of 60M (fair enough), were told in no uncertain terms by Bloom, this isnt a negotiating tactic, hes not for sale in this window under any circumstance so dont try another bid, so they then conspired with Caicedos new Agents, no doubt for a fat agents fee, and ignored Bloom, went back in again and at the same time got Caicedo/agents to try the 'refuse to play' tactics, forced move with pleas on social media campaign and using Fabrizi Romano (no doubt led by Arsenal in full cahoots with the new Agents).

Dirty underhand and shabby from Arsenal, pains to say it, but Chelseas conduct in this saga is clearly better, and I'd suggest their respect of Blooms wishes makes them clear favourite come the summer or beyond........

Edu and Agents are Idiots for thinking they could pressure Bloom by such underhand methods. There will only ever be one winner.
I don’t think there is any evidence that Arsenal were orchestrating Caicedo’s actions. If there were then Bloom would report them to the PL. Isn’t this all just idle speculation by fans eager to exonerate the player. First blame the agent, now blame Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here