Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I’m pretty sure the agents tend to benefit hugely when players negotiate a new and improved contract…..

I wonder.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I don't understand the suggestion that there will be more options for Arsenal in the summer. It's exactly the same number of options, surely? I mean, There's nothing stopping them trying right now to buy one of those players they might look at in the summer. They have chosen to try to sign Caicedo, despite being told he is not for sale in this window, so why are they ignoring it for him but not these supposed numerous other players they will turn to in the summer?
I think it is true that it is easier to sign players in the summer. Teams in trouble will not want to sell their best players, teams pushing for glory will not want to sell their best players and there is less time for replacements to be sourced. All in all there is less disruption to selling teams in the off season. Also it has often been stated that Rice will be available in the summer (and many think half our team will be too).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Trossard was pretty disruptive and still was bought by Arsenal. Being a dickhead is actively encouraged at a club like that.
Was he though? We don't *actually* know the true story and probably never will. His was a different case, anyway: older; less valuable; shorter contract and a ready-made replacement already in the squad. As soon as Arsenal showed interest, he was always going to go.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Moises will knuckle down and get back to work because no doubt his contract has certain conditions in it that get triggered due to performance based factors.

He won't want to piss that money away by sulking about and missing his bonuses.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Caicedo discussing his childhood per his social media statement;

“Since I come here from Ecuador leaving my five mothers and four Aunties…”

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it is true that it is easier to sign players in the summer. Teams in trouble will not want to sell their best players, teams pushing for glory will not want to sell their best players and there is less time for replacements to be sourced. All in all there is less disruption to selling teams in the off season. Also it has often been stated that Rice will be available in the summer (and many think half our team will be too).
But all that applies to Caicedo and has not stopped Arsenal coming in for him, so what's stopping them going after the others? There isn't anything. They want Caicedo. They'll come back in the summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But all that applies to Caicedo and has not stopped Arsenal coming in for him, so what's stopping them going after the others? There isn't anything. They want Caicedo. They'll come back in the summer.
….and get him for half the price according their dumbass fans

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Maybe they have tried elsewhere and maybe there were no shyster agents leaking the bids to the spunk trumpets on twatter?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
950A7522-7BED-4833-84CE-5317D55D31F5.jpeg

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
May have had a big loss recently when this horse lost. Two bets were placed on a horse called Energumene trained by Willie Mullins running at Cheltenham last Saturday. The horse is owned by TB and the bets 350k at 4-7 and 375k at 8-15 were placed with Star Sports bookmakers of Brighton. No surprise to hear the rumours circulating is these bets were placed by TB.
Not just Tony, cost me £20 as well!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Right let's turn the lights and computers back on at the training ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here