Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He's 21. He'll be fine! He's hardly been sat in prison the last few days, he'll have no doubt been chatting with his team mates the whole time anyway. He'll be a bit gutted he didn't get his move, but he'll be thinking he'll get a big one in the Summer anyway now, it's only a few more months. If he comes back and sulks and isn't the same player than he won't get the move he wants anyway. If he was 29 and this was his last shot at it then I can understand why it would be different, but he isn't.

I predict he'll get largely a good reception on Saturday and things will be back to normal again. On we go.
In a reality sense is this any different from an employee making a bit of a fool of themselves on a night out?

All will be forgotten I’m sure.

He will know he needs to knuckle down and perform for the rest of season as our valuation on potential won’t change and he’d be an idiot to lower his perceived external value, assuming he still wants a move

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Hopefully something has been brokered that see's him leave in the summer but the elephant in the room is because of that instagram post Friday night we've now got an employee we know doesn't really want to be here.
We had that with Dale Stephens, I know different circumstance but once he got his head round it was OK.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Time to move on and focus on Bournemouth because you can be sure that’s what RDZ and the squad will be doing today.
They won't be focusing on Bournemouth or anything else today as the first team squad have 2 days off after the Liverpool game. They return to training tomorrow.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He's 21. He'll be fine! He's hardly been sat in prison the last few days, he'll have no doubt been chatting with his team mates the whole time anyway. He'll be a bit gutted he didn't get his move, but he'll be thinking he'll get a big one in the Summer anyway now, it's only a few more months. If he comes back and sulks and isn't the same player than he won't get the move he wants anyway. If he was 29 and this was his last shot at it then I can understand why it would be different, but he isn't.

I predict he'll get largely a good reception on Saturday and things will be back to normal again. On we go.
Naturally I hope you’re right in your summary - for me the fact that he’s 21 is my biggest concern… he’s still a very young man and passion at that tender age can cloud judgement - as we all know… at 28/29 we’re all a bit more rounded…

As you say, time will tell.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I listened to the Ben Foster podcast where I'm sure he was discussing Peter Odemwingie and how he had to come back into training the next day after his failed attempt to move to QPR. Everyone laugh about it and get on with kicking a ball about.
Players don't care, it's part and parcel of their jobs and most of them have been around that world for as long as they can probably remember.

In reality it's no different from you or I attending an interview for another job and either not getting it or turning it down and carrying on in our old role. Our workmates just carry on as normal, no one holds it against you, there might be a bit of piss taking but that's it. All that matters in any work place is are you doing your job? In football that means training well and performing well on match days.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
All those people won't be fans. They're just brand 'customers' from Singapore, Lagos, Millwaukee and Oxfordshire. They'll like Arsenal in the same way they like Nike or Ferrari. A brand that they think gives their loneliness and inadequacy some semblance of identity. But I'd put money on 97% + of them not being able to locate Islington on a map let alone Highbury or The Emirates.

I feel sorry for older Arsenal fans. Must be horrible watching your actual bricks and mortar club turn into a YouTube Channel.
I know quite a few Arsenal fans (north London was my first home before my family moved to Brighton when I was a nipper), and they've been nothing like the numpties I've seen replying to Andy Naylor's Twitter threads.

It could just be the difference between people's online behaviour and their real-life behaviour, but I suspect you're onto something.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We had that with Dale Stephens, I know different circumstance but once he got his head round it was OK.
Good point. I was mainly focussed on 'Dunk to Fulham, but we didn't really know that much about it at the time (or at least I didn't). A more public 'I want to leave' episode was Stephens wanting to go to Burnley. He wasn't allowed to, he accepted that, knuckled down and helped get us promoted. And we welcomed him back into the fold, then when he did leave it was on our terms. Hopefully the Caicedo saga will play out the same way.

"Moises Caicedo, we want you to stay!"

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In a reality sense is this any different from an employee making a bit of a fool of themselves on a night out?

All will be forgotten I’m sure.

He will know he needs to knuckle down and perform for the rest of season as our valuation on potential won’t change and he’d be an idiot to lower his perceived external value, assuming he still wants a move
As you've said, only 1 choice really, do his talking on the pitch for the Albion.
All previous stuff will be mostly forgotten about
Use Bissouma as an example, dream move, but not always guaranteed a first choice in starting 11.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Sheepish apology tomorrow on his insta, training pics later all looking happy, South American boys all laughing and Dunk with his arm round him, DeZ press conf on Thursday saying how well he’s trained this week/good guy etc etc and MOTM on Saturday.
I’d want a photo of him standing next to the charred corpses of his agents, following their summary executions.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I love this club, f***ing top work all round!!! Bloom, Barber, RDZ, club media department, Naylor :bowdown:

I'm so excited by this news, on Friday night I was so down and sure he would go but with this on top of the reports Ferguson's injury is not as serious as feared, now I firmly believe we can make Europe. Fantastic news!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love this club, f***ing top work all round!!! Bloom, Barber, RDZ, club media department, Naylor :bowdown:

I'm so excited by this news, on Friday night I was so down and sure he would go but with this on top of the reports Ferguson's injury is not as serious as feared, now I firmly believe we can make Europe. Fantastic news!
Yep, let’s enjoy the rest of the season.

We have the best owner.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Chelsea’s £115B move for their midfield target is collapsing will they bid £100m for Caceido and will we hold strong?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I know quite a few Arsenal fans (north London was my first home before my family moved to Brighton when I was a nipper), and they've been nothing like the numpties I've seen replying to Andy Naylor's Twitter threads.

It could just be the difference between people's online behaviour and their real-life behaviour, but I suspect you're onto something.
I lived in Islington for years after Uni. They were all sound. Even a bit rough in the 90s. the old arsenal fans. Then Nick Hornby, Wenger, and the stadium move happened and they were part of the trend of football and liking it being 'cool', fed by social media. Slowly but surely, starting with Poindexters called 'Olly' from Oxfordshire and slowly spreading out to Ali from Dakar, Muhammed from Jakarta, and Brad from Melbourne They slowly grew an international band of absolutely entitled gaping anus customers who've never kicked a football in their collective lives. They largely got into it peak Wenger when Arsenal won everything and thought that would last forever, but have now had to spend the last decade and a half coming to terms with the fact when you live miles away, never go to a match, hitch your identity to a concept that is nothing to do with you, when that concept fails there's nothing left but you, your zits, and a laptop staring back at you in a mirror.

The minor success they've had so far this year has breathed life back into some dormant identities the globe over, but they know that disappointment at this stage will be the final straw for most of them so their heads are pre-falling off in anticipation. And I for one, am drinking in the tears!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here