Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
This was posted by SSN 5 hours ago. I don't know if something has changed, because they still keep talking about it as a deal that is quite close to happening. But still...

I think Gallagher is a quality player. Always been very impressed with him, even though he's trotted out at Smellhurst and tainted his feet.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I really doubt he signed a contract like that when he signed, he was an unknown, in fact I can’t see us offering a buy out clause at all when he signed. He was probably doing cartwheels at his luck at being signed by a PL team
Exactly what I’m saying I said IF.
if there was a buyout in his contract, it would’ve been a lot less than £70m at the time of writing so that tells me there is NO buyout in his contract

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really doubt he signed a contract like that when he signed, he was an unknown, in fact I can’t see us offering a buy out clause at all when he signed. He was probably doing cartwheels at his luck at being signed by a PL team
Tony has previously said he doesn’t do buy-out clauses as you lose control of the transaction.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If there was a buy out clause for let’s say £70m. (Probably a lot less than that when the contract was signed) it would be very churlish of the club to say not going anywhere this window knowing full well the buy out clause could be triggered.
With a buyout clause met, Caicedo would’ve gone, little the club could do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One thing this has brought to light, I can say with complete and utter certainty

WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE RADAR

The amount of plaudits for our football recently has been unprecedented. Ally McCoist raving, Jordan, White, Jeff Stelling, Muzza, Karen Carney and so on and so on.

Feels like a twilight zone alternate reality.
yep…wall to wall praise. Glendenning said something like ‘best run club in Europe if not the world’

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tony has previously said he doesn’t do buy-out clauses as you lose control of the transaction.
Not sure I’ve ever known us have a contract like this. There were rumours of something like this with Mooy to China but I don’t think they were true. It was just an agreed move. They’re also very, very rare in this country. More a foreign thing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Now cfc have activated the buy out clause on the other player they want, they have to sell, i understand that the payments need to be paid up front and not over a few years, this means they cant dodge FFP rules.
Doesn't matter about when payments are actually made; it's the length of the contract that determines the rate of amortisation. They could still pay every penny up-front and given him a 10 year deal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There will be a sour taste regardless what happens I think - as another poster out earlier in this thread, it’s now about a ‘f*** you’ to the agents and the big clubs this window and why I think we won’t sell. He’ll probably play again for us but needs to apologise a bit imo to the fans.
If he plays for us and helps us win on Saturday, I will be absolutely delighted. I don't need an apology. I appreciate some fans may be a bit more precious.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£20 max bet
8CAFD729-0CDF-4E24-B80B-CECEEECA0C7A.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
What seems to escape 90% of the ex-player pundits …
Some I grant you but Not many Eg: The 4 Sky Sports transfer panel pundits at lunchtime today ALL thought Caicedo would be a Brighton player come Wednesday. ALL the weekend podcasts were full of pundits eulogising about the Albion set up and joking that you don’t mess with Bloom and so on…

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not sure I’ve ever known us have a contract like this. There were rumours of something like this with Mooy to China but I don’t think they were true. It was just an agreed move. They’re also very, very rare in this country. More a foreign thing.
Mooy had a very specific clause in his contract only relating to Chinese clubs. With something like in his contract, I imagine it was agreed between all parties he would move there after a time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here