Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
And RDZ has quite clearly stated that this transfer could have a huge impact on our chances of challenging for a European place. Big statement of support for those ambitions from TB, I mean £70m is a huge sum to turn down for someone that has only played 26 times for us.

I have to admit I've found it very hard to get out of the 30 year engrained small club frame of mind when thinking about all things Albion. RDZ's supreme confidence that we deserve to be where we are and demanding more is changing that quicker than anything that's come before.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yup, this. Potter would 'of' said "Yes Mr Chairman.
There’s a nice vibe about nsc tonight.

A big contrast to when Caicedo’s (agent) posted the disgraceful Instagram bollocks.

The sea change is down to one factor, yet again, Anthony Bloom.
Yes we aren’t being told how wrong we all are by a pot head Swede.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And RDZ has quite clearly stated that this transfer could have a huge impact on our chances of challenging for a European place. Big statement of support for those ambitions from TB, I mean £70m is a huge sum to turn down for someone that has only played 26 times for us.

I have to admit I've found it very hard to get out of the 30 year engrained small club frame of mind when thinking about all things Albion. RDZ's supreme confidence that we deserve to be where we are and demanding more is changing that quicker than anything that's come before.

He’s on a different level isn’t he ? Can see why Tony looked so very smug at the press conference when he was introduced.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Keeping RDZ for as long as possible is a must. I realise that TB/PB will have the next names lined up. But the football’s a dream, with a mercenary winning mentality.

I like to think that backing RDZ on this particular business is part of TB’s thinking just now. Managers are only as good as the players at their diaposal.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That will all be choreographed after tomorrow….sheepish post from MC first on his SM (written for him, obvs), then perhaps a comment from DeZ…..followed by some training ground clips of everybody looking happy.
Hope there’s no photos on Moises in the Rondo (basically a human prison)

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
it does seem strange that no one appears to understand that Brighton arent wanting to sell him, rather than just holding out to get the maximum fee (as was the case with Trossard and Bissoma-given that they were going to run down their cfonracts)

My aresenal supporting buddy keeps saying b"but its a fair price" and simply cant or doesnt want to understand that its not about price, but keeping the player
Pretty much identical to the reasoning Leeds fans had when they wanted Ben White

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The time is there for our wonderful chairman to stand up to these "big" clubs, he's doing it. He has stood steadfast previously on the fee but this time it's keeping his player. It puts us in a great position for the future. To be able to do this also we need to be able to read the player. Caicedo has shown he is a good person and he'll soon realise why it was right. The likes of Trossard are immaterial as they are not true team players.

An arm round his shoulder and a hug from his manager Caicedo will soon be back in the fold.

Better be we've got f***ing Bournemouth Saturday

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lots of outgoings at Chelsea. Could they be preparing a last minute SWOOP?

I'm saying yes and he'll go for 90 plus add ons.
Naaaahhhh no means no this window regardless I think…

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I never wanted him to leave in this window and couldn’t be prouder of the way the club have handled this whole situation (I hope I’m saying the same thing come tomorrow night)

But part of me wonders if the agents badly advised statement released on social media actually proved to be the main catalyst for the clubs stance? And actually provoked a totally different response to the one they expected? Maybe the club would have accepted a £70 million pound offer if he had kept quiet and focused on what he’s paid to do.

Without doubt the club are fuming about that post / statement and I wonder if that actually made them even more determined that he stay, no matter what the offer! Just to prove a point and not allow a precedent to be set following Leo’s similar behaviour.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
it does seem strange that no one appears to understand that Brighton arent wanting to sell him, rather than just holding out to get the maximum fee (as was the case with Trossard and Bissoma-given that they were going to run down their cfonracts)

My aresenal supporting buddy keeps saying b"but its a fair price" and simply cant or doesnt want to understand that its not about price, but keeping the player
Just offer to buy his house off him and don't take no for an answer.

Unless of course he actually has his house on the market, in which case it'd be a shit analogy.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
For me, this has become far more a case of telling the ‘big 6’ money bag clubs to emphatically f*** off (including their infuriatingly entitled overseas plastics)

- rather than keep Moises to achieve a top 6/8 finish.
It is definitely a conscious statement. The football industry (clubs, agents, players) has misconstrued our strategy around player recruitment and sales. Profitability on player sales is a big part of the strategy but not the ONLY consideration. We also happen to be a competitive football club too, with a Uber-fan-owner chairman and an uber-passionate Italian in the dugout. We want to beat the top six regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here