Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Have I missed something? Imo we've given out the opposite message than conceding we're ready to sell?!
RDZ saying he has a plan for Caicedo going is not really the same as saying he is “willing to let him go” . Either way - it’s not his call anyway.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

For god's sake does this misery ever end roll on Wednesday

I thought that £70m package bid was already reported, think Fabrizio is just being a bit slow here. Anyways, wont make a difference as it'll be rejected. The club wont change its 'he's not for sale' stance now unless a MASSIVE bid comes in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Talksport reporting that Arsenal are respecting our wishes and will not place any more bids this window so someone is going to be wrong
Suspect Fab is right because his parasitic wanker agents will be telling him. £70m + add ons unlikely to change Tony’s view imo.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Have I missed something? Imo we've given out the opposite message than conceding we're ready to sell?!
TBH - I think ‘we’ve’ always been willing to sell any player if the price was right, ( in this case £85+ and add ons!?) and the player wanting to go (in this case, publicly stating they wanted to leave)

PB and TB have never said otherwise afaia in any of their public conversations. The difficulty here IMO is not that we have a player for whom we couldn’t get a club record transfer fee for if we sold this window (and who wants to move this window) but how close to the end of the transfer window it is and whether the club has time to seal some last minute deals on replacement(s). The other issue is the welfare of the player himself - IMO, given Moises relative immaturity, the Club will be on the better side of history than the Agent on that one.

(That’s not the same as saying btw ‘we don’t want to sell players’ or saying ‘we would rather like a player to stay’, one can still have those sentiments whilst also agreeing a transfer - but as we all know, you can also price a player out of the market and say ‘we wont accept less than this’ as another way of saying ‘not for sale’.)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Stop the press
The article is paywalled but I have read the full article in Times. It doesn't really say what the headline suggests, as in the club has said nothing. Jacob seems to be relying on this:

Although Brighton have insisted that the 21-year-old is not for sale this month, Roberto de Zerbi, the head coach, said he was willing to sell him if the club could sign reinforcements to maintain their challenge for Europe. His side are sixth in the Premier League and through to the fifth round of the FA Cup.

“I would like that he can finish the season with us but we are ready to go forward without him,” De Zerbi said. “I think we need some players in some positions — I spoke a lot with Tony [Bloom, the owner] he knows very well my opinion because we are a good team but we can improve also from the transfer market.
“We lost Leandro Trossard [to Arsenal], if we lose also Caicedo it can be a problem for us.”

De Zerbi suggested that Caicedo was being influenced by people outside the club as he felt his attempts to leave were out of character.

I am not sure why RDZ is going public with this. He is saying too much (not least that he has the say on whether MC goes or not, which he knows is wrong) and muddying the waters. Brighton don't buy players in 2 days; there a several rumours out there but the only nailed on seems to be Ayari; I cant see much else happening, if so the logical thing is to tell Arsenal to go away.

Love RDZ but he is saying too much at times.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We'd never had any of this bollocks if Jim White was still in charge of transfer deadline day. They were better times.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Just because it’s submitted, doesn’t mean it’s accepted. But we’re entering the realms of big big money. As much as I don’t want him to go, I’d rather have £75m than an unhappy player. Still time to sign someone and gilmour looked good today. Moder coming back, Gross, Lallana, maybe even some of the ones on loan be recalled? Kowslowki(?) in the number 10 leaving AliMac as the cdm? Alzate back?

Yhe very best we hope for here is either nearly £100m or he stays j til the summer and puts his big boy pants on then goes for less money (or stays because we qualified for the champions league)…

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
RDZ couldn’t have been clearer after the game today about wanting Caicedo to stay. Yes there’s a new bid but wouldn’t it be great if the club just came out and said no and no amount of window gets him in this window end of.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m pretty certain that Arsenal will be looking at a number of other options very closely indeed now.

Isn’t it odd that these stories are coming at out at this time every evening? It’s almost as if Agent Manuel has been trying to make something happen all day but has failed miserably again. So, he gets poor Moises to tweet out a ridiculous cut and paste or sends Fabia some meat to feed on.

Roll on Wednesday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here