Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Of course, much of this is utter tosh.

We know that Albion have not 'valued' anyone.
The club may have said don't come back unless it's a £100M bid this window, rather than repeatedly saying no to incremental offers, but I agree it's more likely we just said that their offer is way, way off being of interest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I normally ignore these quotes, but it’s the more reliable Times with the £100m figure insanely large and proper for a 21 year old star. The Standard are reporting that Arsenal are interested too. Not sure about that as they have several CM’ers already and the media seem to think that they’ll beat Chelsea to Rice.
I watched the Arsenal vs Manure match recently. Looking at Thomas Partey, he is quite limited. He just can’t pick the Hollywood pass when in possession, he reminded me a bit of Stephens.

Caicedo on the other hand is a level or two up on him in terms of his attacking game. Moises has the ability to pick out fantastic perfectly weighted long balls that break the lines and his decision making on whether to go king or short is quite perfect. I suppose this is the difference between a £50m rated player and one who TB is allegedly valuing at £100m. He can do pretty much anything on the pitch and would upgrade every single Big Six midfield. He is as good as Bellingham and better than Rice.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This is well worth reading the thread on Twitter just for the Chelsea fan’s comments.

Apparently, we’ll never sell him if he’s that price, we’re greedy, he can stay at Brighton then, he’s not worth that much, 35 million tops.Brighton have broken the transfer market.😂😂😂😂😂
It's incredible how dense so many people are.

They just don't seem to understand the concept of a club not wanting to a) sell their best players and b) the value of said player to his current team.

Armed with this lack of understanding they then act outraged at our effrontery and threaten to pull out of a deal that we neither want, asked for or have entertained.

Strange, strange people.

Just looking back at these threads and almost pinching myself that here we are currently 6th best team in the country and having players touted as worth 100 million! Not just 1 player but a few that the likes of Liverpool Arsenal Man City and United, Chelsea Tottenham are keeping tabs on and would have to pay serious money to get them. My god how far we have come🙂🙂🙂🙂

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Just looking back at these threads and almost pinching myself that here we are currently 6th best team in the country and having players touted as worth 100 million! Not just 1 player but a few that the likes of Liverpool Arsenal Man City and United, Chelsea Tottenham are keeping tabs on and would have to pay serious money to get them. My god how far we have come🙂🙂🙂🙂
This is why it is not impossible we could make top 4. I genuinely believe that caicedo and Alexis are the best current pair in the league. We have a fine goalkeeper and centre backs are solid. Pervis is proving to be brilliant. Veltman is extremely reliable when he plays and gross continues to defy belief.

The attacking? Mitoma has been incredible since coming into the side and something has happened to March. I worry that Trossard going means we have limited cover for these two and although I can see Mitoma continuing on his merry way I expect a dip from March. We have also identified a striker who not only seems to link up play, hold up the ball and get assists but who also scores goals.

If lalana can stay fit then I think we have a genuine chance of top four. This is our chance. Let’s have a belting second half to the season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is well worth reading the thread on Twitter just for the Chelsea fan’s comments.

Apparently, we’ll never sell him if he’s that price, we’re greedy, he can stay at Brighton then, he’s not worth that much, 35 million tops.Brighton have broken the transfer market.😂😂😂😂😂
Really ? That’s actually a view from Chelsea fans ? Wtf. That’s incredible. What they actually mean of course is that Chelsea now do as instructed in the transfer market if interested in one of our players. Or they can f*** off, which is the preferable option.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
If the rumours are true and we've set a £100m asking price, then that's brilliant.

The only concern is that Chelsea are such a joke that they might actually pay it.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
A slight re-writing of history there..
We promoted Sanchez to our starting eleven AND THEN Ryan lost us.

other way round, Potter put Sanchez in and dropped Ryan, Ryan left because he was no longer first choice.

Wasn't it still after Ryan started making noises of being unhappy though? Anyway regardless, my point being we upgraded on a great keeper with our youth keeper.

Some fans who sit around me moaned about Ryan at times but I still thought he was a great keeper who made the odd mistake. Thats just a keepers life imo, we've been lucky with keepers over the years: Ryan, Stockdale, Kuszczak and now Bobby.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
More reports now linking Arsenal to Caicedo. In a weird way, good news as they’d surely be a more attractive option for him and doesn’t seem to be any suggestion they’re pushing for an imminent move. So it’s extra motivation for the player not to rush into a decision. I’m resigned to losing him in the summer and just hope it’ll be to a club where I’d be relatively pleased to see him succeed - which certainly isn’t Chelsea. Find it hard to believe Arsenal would stump up the fee that’s been talked about though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How is Caicedo going to fit into a midfield 3 of Partey, Xhaka and Odegard?

They do lack depth in there but unless someone is going to come in and be a guaranteed first choice, I find it hard to believe Arsenal will bid more than Chelsea.

Chelsea only have 638263 central midfielders so they definitely need him more.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I dont believe for a second that Tony/Barber has told anyone that he's valued at £100m. Giving out a specific valuation is just not how we do things. Seems more like journalist conjecture.

& if we have specifically said £100m then it sounds like a polite way of telling clubs to piss off, but funny thing is Boehly might pay it...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How is Caicedo going to fit into a midfield 3 of Partey, Xhaka and Odegard?

They do lack depth in there but unless someone is going to come in and be a guaranteed first choice, I find it hard to believe Arsenal will bid more than Chelsea.

Chelsea only have 638263 central midfielders so they definitely need him more.
How come it seems like only crummy London clubs are interested in Brighton players, and not the likes of Liverpool, United and Citeh?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I just can't see Arsenal spending the kind of money we'd want. But it's an exciting project there, and if they win the league it'll be very attractive to players.

This is why it is not impossible we could make top 4. I genuinely believe that caicedo and Alexis are the best current pair in the league. We have a fine goalkeeper and centre backs are solid. Pervis is proving to be brilliant. Veltman is extremely reliable when he plays and gross continues to defy belief.

The attacking? Mitoma has been incredible since coming into the side and something has happened to March. I worry that Trossard going means we have limited cover for these two and although I can see Mitoma continuing on his merry way I expect a dip from March. We have also identified a striker who not only seems to link up play, hold up the ball and get assists but who also scores goals.

If lalana can stay fit then I think we have a genuine chance of top four. This is our chance. Let’s have a belting second half to the season.
Absolutely possible to go for top 4. Yes, its a long shot and more unlikely than likely but with Roberto in charge and the current crop being bloody good then anything is possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely possible to go for top 4. Yes, its a long shot and more unlikely than likely but with Roberto in charge and the current crop being bloody good then anything is possible.
I think the points gap to the top 4 is too big for us to catch up - but I do believe a place in one of the lesser European competitions is a possibility. I wonder if the Europa League would be enough to tempt Caicedo and Mac to stay for another season (plus a decent chunk of money, of course!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here