Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
When I First saw Bissouma (Carabao cup) I thought wow we have got a player here, and it took a while but we did. At 19 this guy is a whole different level - we may be talking world class.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Hmmmmmmm - unlikely.

He's unlikely to only get better, what with him being 19, halfway around the planet from home, rapidly becoming a star, currently injury free, ect.

He's most likely to get better, but it's very, very, unlikely to happen in a linear fashion.
There will be troughs in with these peaks.

He can just be very grateful he's at a club with a rational, level headed, fan base who are in no way weapons grade needy, and likely to scream 'get rid' the very second there's a dip in form.

Well, he's younger than you are anyway, according to Wikipedia. Born 2 November 2001. How old does that make him? I run out of digits once the number gets to 20.

Sure, his progress won't be in a straight line. But whose is? Only yours and mine, in a straight line downwards. How do you know he's peaking now? He might be in a trough. Or just in the foothills of far higher peaks. Aim high Stat. Reach for the stars!

On a serious note, I strongly suspect this guy is the real deal. Made his full international debut at 18, he's hit the ground running and he doesn't look at all out of place in the PL. Indeed, he's outmuscling rival midfielders and coming away with the ball. At 20. Or possibly 19.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, he's younger than you are anyway, according to Wikipedia. Born 2 November 2001. How old does that make him? I run out of digits once the number gets to 20.

Sure, his progress won't be in a straight line. But whose is? Only yours and mine, in a straight line downwards. How do you know he's peaking now? He might be in a trough. Or just in the foothills of far higher peaks. Aim high Stat. Reach for the stars!

On a serious note, I strongly suspect this guy is the real deal. Made his full international debut at 18, he's hit the ground running and he doesn't look at all out of place in the PL. Indeed, he's outmuscling rival midfielders and coming away with the ball. At 20. Or possibly 19.

The young lad is absolutely the real deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1523006396962570240[/tweet]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Moises's first eight games for us in the EPL:

Arsenal (a) W
Spurs (a) W
Man City (a) L
Southampton (h) D
Wolves (a) W
Man Utd (h) W
Leeds (a) D
West Ham (h) W

1 goal, 1 assist, 2 bookings, average of 83 minutes per game. 16 points from a possible 24. 6 Teams were above us in the table at the time of playing them and he'd been subbed before Leeds scored their equaliser. From the previous eight games before his selection, we'd taken 4 points.

I don't want to build up the young lad too much at this early stage, but does anyone have a tiny inkling that Tim Vickery might turn out to be right about this one?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Yesterday I thought his positional sense was exceptional. Always in space, taking up great offensive positions and facing the correct way to drive forward. Since he has come in , we can afford to not have Biss and yet look as, maybe more, offensive and dangerous. For a 20 year old, it's like watching a young Messi only with more tackling bite.

£100m anyone?

Fantastique!

TNBA

TTF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exceptional talent.

I'm willing to let him off the one he should have scored in the first half for the rest of his play. He works his socks off out of possession, and nothing is a lost cause.

Recruitment team IN!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Arsenal (a) W
Spurs (a) W
Man City (a) L
Southampton (h) D
Wolves (a) W
Man Utd (h) W
Leeds (a) D
West Ham (h) W

1 goal, 1 assist, 2 bookings, average of 83 minutes per game. 16 points from a possible 24. 6 Teams were above us in the table at the time of playing them and he'd been subbed before Leeds scored their equaliser. From the previous eight games before his selection, we'd taken 4 points.

I don't want to build up the young lad too much at this early stage, but does anyone have a tiny inkling that Tim Vickery might turn out to be right about this one?

Well I agree with you on this one he has been brilliant and important to us finishing so high. I wonder if he would have played at all if Moder had not been injured....

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yesterday I thought his positional sense was exceptional.

True. There was a moment in the second half where he was given a bit of a dodgy pass at the back that seemed to put us under a bit of pressure in a tight space. The way he sensed this and immediately played a one touch ball to get it to space and safety was like he had eyes in the back of his head.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Genuinely surprised how quickly he is up to speed with the PL, not only that but he's dominating opposing players with vastly more expertise.

Real talent.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Arsenal (a) W
Spurs (a) W
Man City (a) L
Southampton (h) D
Wolves (a) W
Man Utd (h) W
Leeds (a) D
West Ham (h) W

Yesterday I thought his positional sense was exceptional. Always in space, taking up great offensive positions and facing the correct way to drive forward. Since he has come in , we can afford to not have Biss and yet look as, maybe more, offensive and dangerous. For a 20 year old, it's like watching a young Messi only with more tackling bite.

£100m anyone?

Fantastique!

TNBA

TTF

Exceptional talent.

I'm willing to let him off the one he should have scored in the first half for the rest of his play. He works his socks off out of possession, and nothing is a lost cause.

Recruitment team IN!

True. There was a moment in the second half where he was given a bit of a dodgy pass at the back that seemed to put us under a bit of pressure in a tight space. The way he sensed this and immediately played a one touch ball to get it to space and safety was like he had eyes in the back of his head.

Genuinely surprised how quickly he is up to speed with the PL, not only that but he's dominating opposing players with vastly more expertise.

Real talent.

All of these.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Real talent.

Me too. I had fairly high expectations for him based off of everything I'd read and heard about him but was expecting him to need more time to acclimatise to the premier league.

I was worried with most people also having high expectations for him that if he came in to early and didn't match those expectations he'd end up a bit of a Connolly. Instead he's not only met those expectations, he's already exceeding them!

Incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here