Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
having Caicedo is pretty much how we're able to get away with losing Bissouma, slotted straight in after a season being eased in. club know this of course and shure they have a plan for keeping him.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's not just his ability, his vision and awareness are fantastic too, not normal for a youngster.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hopefully at some point we’ll have supplied every top club with all the players they need in all key positions and we can look at keeping a few BHA unearthed hot prospects for our own needs, for a while at least, maybe....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The media talk about £150m for Declan Rice. Deduct 20% for tabloid exaggeration, £120m.

If Caicedo imposes himself on the EPL this season (and hopefully next for us), he'll move for astonishing money.

Cucurella showed the English player premium is not a law.

For now, I'm hoping to just enjoy his performances starting this weekend against the Saudis.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The media talk about £150m for Declan Rice. Deduct 20% for tabloid exaggeration, £120m.

If Caicedo imposes himself on the EPL this season (and hopefully next for us), he'll move for astonishing money.

Cucurella showed the English player premium is not a law.

For now, I'm hoping to just enjoy his performances starting this weekend against the Saudis.

On the Totally Football podcast they suggested he'd go for 40 to 60 million next summer. I'd be disappointed if it's not much more than that. Hopefully, we can keep him a little longer anyway but the vultures will be circling sooner rather than later.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the Totally Football podcast they suggested he'd go for 40 to 60 million next summer. I'd be disappointed if it's not much more than that. Hopefully, we can keep him a little longer anyway but the vultures will be circling sooner rather than later.

That fails to take into account the Anthony Grant Bloom premium of think of a number, then double it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

But it was Carl Anka who said that and he just talks a lot of shit generally. Caicedo will go for double those numbers when he does go. Ahoy hoy.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But it was Carl Anka who said that and he just talks a lot of shit generally. Caicedo will go for double those numbers when he does go. Ahoy hoy.

Anka is famously clueless about most things. When the Athletic made him Southampton correspondent, he was surprised to learn that it was on the coast. He started agitating to cover Manchester United because he was a fan. Such a long-term fan that he was horrified to find how much it cost to get there by train. From London ...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Looks like he’ll get a chance to shine in the opening game of the WC now, FIFA are looking to shift the Qatar game to the Sunday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here