[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
It feels like a lazy comparison to make, but from that compilation, he genuinely is very like Yves Bissouma. Same long-legged ability to win the ball on the stretch. Same ability to step away from opponents in a couple of strides. Same excellent awareness of space.

Looks a prospect :clap2:

Agreed, from that clip* he has a lot of Biss-ability about him - can't wait to see him in the blue and white :)

Let's hope we get to see him alongside Biss, and not instead of him.

*yes, I know these clips are heavily and highly selectively edited, we don't really know the standard of opposition, etc, etc

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My WIFE was born at Pembury :angry:

So weird you said that as after I typed that I turned to my Mrs and asked her as had a feeling she was - but thankfully no Kentish blood in her :lol: apologies to your wife :kiss:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
God, 19 is young to be half a world away and among strangers.

Let's take good care of the lad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It feels like a lazy comparison to make, but from that compilation, he genuinely is very like Yves Bissouma. Same long-legged ability to win the ball on the stretch. Same ability to step away from opponents in a couple of strides. Same excellent awareness of space.

Looks a prospect :clap2:

He does look good, though so do most players on their video reels, here's hoping.........

What do you reckon the plan is? Biss to be sold for circa 40-50 mill, to fund striker and Caicedo and Moder will be the new main men in centre mid?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Great news. Kids is incredibly raw but has limitless potential.
Very exciting.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
GP confirms no plans to send our new recruit out on loan.

[TWEET]1356276677266055177[/TWEET]

This is the best place for him right now. Taking things slowly. Loads of Spanish speakers, loads of support. Way too much at risk if we send him somewhere on loan right now.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Only just looked at his show reel he looks an exciting prospect but he's young and some of those lunge tackles will result in injury over here on a cold wet pitch, I would not be surprised if we don't see him play for some time

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Excellent news - at age 19 GPott has time to work with the lad just like he has with Lamptey
Might this be the Bissouma succession plan evolving?
They both look similar or is MC more of an attacking midfielder and Biss defensive?
Maybe it's the Gross / Lallana succession plan but I doubt we'll be cashing in on either of them any time soon [market value].

Is it just me or are we now beginning to get well stocked with young potential at this club?
From what I read, Caicdeo is more of a box to box midfielder now (he started off as a DM). I think he would fit in alongside Bissouma quite nicely, as he could play box to box, or as a holding DM if Potter wants 2 holding mifielders.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Caicedo is such an exciting prospect but I can't help feeling the club have made a mistake in not moving on Davy Propper.

Moder and Caicedo are international players too, as is Alzate, while Bissouma, Gross and White have all done well in midfield too.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No headers in his show reel. Caicedo out.

Actually, he not only looks the real deal, but being an international at 19, he obviously is the real deal. What. A. Signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports