[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Does anyone think there will be any official news soon regarding Moises transfer? Also Mods any chance this type of important thread can be kept on page one this week. Thanks.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't like it when these things go on and on. Most successful moves seem to be settled very quickly after the news breaks.

But one thing I did learn from the Jonathan Calleri saga, keep the faith :facepalm:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Does anyone think there will be any official news soon regarding Moises transfer? Also Mods any chance this type of important thread can be kept on page one this week. Thanks.

If there's news, clearly it will be at the top of the board very fast.

No point stickying it for the random speculation, which constitutes 95% of this thread

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
[tweet]1351087894363070466[/tweet]

I don't have the Athletic so no idea if there is anything of value in the article.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I don't have the Athletic so no idea if there is anything of value in the article.
The linked article is from December 22nd so won't have any new developments.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It doesn’t mention Caicedo but the tweet is the first I can recall of Naylor saying he is coming.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

It sounds like Naylor is regurgitating a Pre-Christmas article

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Didnt mention Karbownik as incoming on that tweet. Maybe if the club do have other targets Andy Naylor is in the dark as much as us.

I still have a feeling we may be involved with Dia from Riems., as we were in the summer.
We had been mentioned in December with regard to him, West Ham ( allegedly) had been very keen, but, it appears they have switched their interest to En-Nesyri from Sevilla.

As we have learnt from Veltman, we do love to spring a surprise on everyone.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I still have a feeling we may be involved with Dia from Riems., as we were in the summer.
We had been mentioned in December with regard to him, West Ham ( allegedly) had been very keen, but, it appears they have switched their interest to En-Nesyri from Sevilla.

My guess is that the club will reason we're not short of options now to compete for places in the front 3. Maupay, Connolly, Tau, Trossard, Zeqiri, MacAllister, Wellbeck. Maybe Andone and Izquierdo to return. Maybe Lallana better suited there, maybe we can't offload Ali J.

In any case, the numbers there aren't the problem. The problem, is that none of the options are totally compelling.

I think we're only likely to sign a player here if they are nailed on going ahead of the above in the pecking order .... which makes me think we won't sign anyone.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Quite excited about this one, even though I have seen nothing of him. Get it done TB :)

I just love the thought of all those Palace fans, looking on with envy at our young, hungry, exciting team. Yes, get it done TB

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - I would be surprised if we sign another striker / forward option (talking about Dia) - or if we do at least 2 players in that position will have to go.

Potter has already said a squad of 28 is to big

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

I might be hopeful, but really wouldnt surprise me if we did go for him. We spent very little in the summer, and the only transfer fee so far this window seems to be £4.5m on Caicedo. If we've got one or 2 others (Ryan, Bernardo, Jahanbaksh, Sanders) being shipped out then surely all that means there's some cash available now. Dia is being reported as available for around £15m.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't like it when these things go on and on. Most successful moves seem to be settled very quickly after the news breaks.

But one thing I did learn from the Jonathan Calleri saga, keep the faith :facepalm:

He’s definitely coming to us.

When not if. The travel bans are probably causing some logistical issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports