Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hello dear Albion's comunity,

Greetings from Ecuador. Just comming here to say that I feel very sorry for this situation (I know a lot of people think like me). El Niño Moi (Moi the Kid) as we call him has made a huge mistake and has being very disrespectful to the club, the manager, the fans. I was personally very dissapointed as one can say he truly is a good boy. Also, comming from Independiente del Valle, a club that invests money for offering this kids education in case they do not make it in football or just to give them tools to survive this world, I was expecting more from him. This is why, for example Moises do speak english, in contrast to other players as Estupiñán.
But let's not forget kids like him come from extreme poverty conditions that will pursue them for the rest of their lives. Nevertheless I do believe the blame should go to the agents that area maneuvering a vulnerable person for their own advantage.

I really hope he stays and helps the team achieve historical success, and that you Albion fans can understand and eventually forgive him.
I'm pretty certain almost everyone will forgive and forget this if Moises gets his head down until the summer and puts in the effort once the window shuts.

Almost all can see that the problem has been caused by the new agents getting greedy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s NOT about the money this time. Albion cannot cross their lines in the sand. If he’s not for sale this window - Arsenal, Moises, his agents & anyone else must respect that position. Perhaps they already have, but the social media wankpuffins cannot let it lie and neither can the transfer gurus. They HATE this scenario.
This.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Greetings from Ecuador. Just comming here to say that I feel very sorry for this situation (I know a lot of people think like me). El Niño Moi (Moi the Kid) as we call him has made a huge mistake and has being very disrespectful to the club, the manager, the fans. I was personally very dissapointed as one can say he truly is a good boy. Also, comming from Independiente del Valle, a club that invests money for offering this kids education in case they do not make it in football or just to give them tools to survive this world, I was expecting more from him. This is why, for example Moises do speak english, in contrast to other players as Estupiñán.
But let's not forget kids like him come from extreme poverty conditions that will pursue them for the rest of their lives. Nevertheless I do believe the blame should go to the agents that area maneuvering a vulnerable person for their own advantage.

I really hope he stays and helps the team achieve historical success, and that you Albion fans can understand and eventually forgive him.
Thanks for posting. Don’t worry, most of know he’s a young guy who has been very badly advised, he’ll be forgiven. You’re right to blame the agents - they are parasites, and the ones he has now are clearly looking for a quick payday from their only valuable asset. Even the tiniest bit of research would have told them that trying to force Tony Bloom’s hand wouldn’t end well. Idiots.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wait to completely blank my armchair Arsenal colleague today, because Unkie Tone told me too!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Thanks for your comments.

I certainly understand that he's been tempted by a great opportunity to win the PL (although it would be cheating a little, as most of the work has already been done). And if he's able to shrug off his disappointment and carry on, I'll think I'll feel like there's nothing wrong that needs forgiving.

I just hope he can understand that it's too disrupting for the club to allow him to go mid-season, and he carries on as before.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can’t believe how much the Arse fans are clinging to RDZ’s post-match interview comments.
Not just Arsenal fans - 😂

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The club really should drill into every single player that if at any time a bigger club come in for them with a big offer, while we won't stand in their way, they won't get to move unless the timing and fee are correct, and downing tools will not be the way to go. It should be in the handbook.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Thanks for your comments.

I certainly understand that he's been tempted by a great opportunity to win the PL (although it would be cheating a little, as most of the work has already been done). And if he's able to shrug off his disappointment and carry on, I'll barely think I'll feel like there's nothing wrong that needs forgiving.

I just hope he can understand that it's too disrupting for the club to allow him to go mid-season, and he carries on as before.
It's not even the mid season bit imho.

There were 27 days in January that passed without an Arsenal bid, if they'd even started bidding in the first 10 days of January, there's maybe a chance Bloom would've reluctantly done it if he could've found a suitable replacement, when there was time.

To start with trying to corner Bloom, with high pressure underhand tactics on 27th January (and Arsenal are complicit too), was NEVER going to work.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Everytime we sell a top player the next top player realises we have less chance of winning something / getting into Europe, so they think I might as well go. and on it goes.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Moises will still be here come the end of the window im 99.9% certain of that. The young lad has been really badly advised by his new agent and has hopefully learnt a very harsh lesson as to how to handle yourself (or be handled) in this situation.

I just hope our supporters can move on from this, get behind him and make sure he knows he’s very much appreciated and wanted by us all. He’s pivotal if we are to continue to chase a European place and keep progressing in the cup.

If he’s willing to put this behind him and give 100% for the club then I think we should afford him the same.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Thank you for your message.
The Brighton fans have taken the Ecuadorean players to their hearts and were upset with the way that Moises was advised by his agents.
He’ll go onto a Champions League team in the summer I’m sure, but for now we feel that he should stay with Brighton and help us to achieve our highest ever League finish.
I’m sure the Brighton fans won’t turn on Moises at all, so long as he continues to put everything into his performances.
He is a great player, who will have a great future in the game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Greetings from Ecuador. Just comming here to say that I feel very sorry for this situation (I know a lot of people think like me). El Niño Moi (Moi the Kid) as we call him has fans can understand and eventually

I met a lot of Ecuadorean fans in Qatar, incredible amount of fans that travelled there. All very positive around Brighton and the ‘trio’. Also very generous with tequila 😎

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here