Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Best case scenario now has to be a ‘Gentlemen’s Agreement’ that he can walk away in the summer, that way we can get him back into the fore and get us over the line re Europe.

Easier said than done though. 🤷‍♂️
I think we thought we had that with him already? For it only to be disrupted by the new agents and the bid from Arsenal. According to certain reports he wasn't that bothered by Chelsea's approach.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The performance without him wasn’t great but a win without him certainly makes a statement

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t think it’s RDZ’s call and so he can’t really say anything.
RDZ is part of a very small group who make these decisions, but although seriously influential, obviously wouldn't have the final decision. Because his job is to concentrate on the team on the pitch whilst others concentrate on the club, as seems imminently sensible :shrug:

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Great result today.
Can someone tell me how pre contract agreements work in football. Can a player who is in a contract sign a pre contract with another club with his current clubs authorization even though they've got 2 and a half years on contract left. Asking for a friend who has shite agents and his English not so good! The first part is a SERIOUS QUESTION.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great result today.
Can someone tell me how pre contract agreements work in football. Can a player who is in a contract sign a pre contract with another club with his current clubs authorization even though they've got 2 and a half years on contract left. Asking for a friend who has shite agents and his English not so good! The first part is a SERIOUS QUESTION.
No - only clubs abroad can do it to players with 6 months left , like Villarreal have done with Brereton Diaz….

But nothing stopping club’s representative speaking to agents about theoretical situations

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They can have him for the right fee or slightly lower and loaned back for the rest of the season

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'll whisper it quietly as I know we won, but... We certainly missed him today. Our usual passing game was sloppy and we struggled to get on top in midfield, particularly in the second half.

Would love to know what he's thinking right now though.
I hope he's thinking 'I'm looking forward to getting back to training on Wednesday, get my head down and earn a move in the summer - negotiated through the 'proper' channels'.

Agree he was missed today and will be a bit hole in the squad to fill.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great result today.
He can’t have any form of completed contract with Arsenal, whatsoever.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Losing Moises Caicedo would be a problem for Brighton's chances of qualifying for Europe, says manager Roberto de Zerbi.

"I would like him to finish the season with us," De Zerbi said after the win.

"[Brighton chairman] Tony Bloom knows very well my opinion. We lost [Leandro] Trossard and if we also lose Caicedo it's a problem for us if we want to fight for Europe," De Zerbi said.

"If we don't lose Caicedo we are ready to fight."

Before Sunday's FA Cup meeting with Liverpool, the Brighton boss said Caicedo had made a "mistake" in asking to leave the club.

"For everyone there are many solutions. We will see the best solution for him and for us," the Italian added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64446612

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Best case scenario now has to be a ‘Gentlemen’s Agreement’ that he can walk away in the summer, that way we can get him back into the fore and get us over the line re Europe.

Easier said than done though. 🤷‍♂️
Think it’s well possible. Won’t be singing his name though personally.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I might have missed this, but why did he get new agents, anyway? I get the impression that they are a bit small fry and have seen/heard numerous people across all media stating that they clearly didn't know who they were dealing with. If go further than that and say they clearly don't understand how these things work.

I'd have Caicedo back involved in a heartbeat, but he's now got a bit of a reputation as a trouble-maker. A warning for his future employer(s) IMO.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm hoping he watched that match and realised that although it was more difficult without him, we still managed to knock the current FA Cup holders out, without him, and despite a few very dubious (to put it mildly) decisions going against us.
Just knuckle down until the summer, Moises - don't be a twat.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Losing Moises Caicedo would be a problem for Brighton's chances of qualifying for Europe, says manager Roberto de Zerbi.

"I would like him to finish the season with us," De Zerbi said after the win.

"[Brighton chairman] Tony Bloom knows very well my opinion. We lost [Leandro] Trossard and if we also lose Caicedo it's a problem for us if we want to fight for Europe," De Zerbi said.

"If we don't lose Caicedo we are ready to fight."

Before Sunday's FA Cup meeting with Liverpool, the Brighton boss said Caicedo had made a "mistake" in asking to leave the club.

"For everyone there are many solutions. We will see the best solution for him and for us," the Italian added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64446612
I think this is a bit "put up or shut up" to Arsenal. I very much doubt they will pay what TB and Co want for him, so he stays. Until the summer when it all kicks off again 🤣🤣

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might have missed this, but why did he get new agents, anyway? I get the impression that they are a bit small fry and have seen/heard numerous people across all media stating that they clearly didn't know who they were dealing with. If go further than that and say they clearly don't understand how these things work.

I'd have Caicedo back involved in a heartbeat, but he's now got a bit of a reputation as a trouble-maker. A warning for his future employer(s) IMO.
I believe his previous agents were somewhat parochial, and South American.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Jesus, this is all so boring and predictable. As Brighton fans we all want to see the best players stay with the club but take off those blue tinted specs and everyone that lives in the real world understands what is happening.

A 21 year old has got new agents, not the best but probably better than what he had. They have turned his head to the riches that he can achieve by moving. I would respectfully suggest that anyone who had the opportunity to increase their wages by, let's say 5 fold, and doesn't take it is either disingenuous or thick.

TB is currently playing a blinder, as he always seems to. MC will knuckle down for the rest of the season knowing he will get a dream move in the summer.

There is so much crap talked by some about honouring contracts it's clear they are clueless as to the reason for players signing them in the first place and the benefits to both parties in having those contracts!

RDZ speaks in a language that is not his first and probably not his second tongue yet people are jumping on the nuance of everything said as if it was intentional.

The fact of the matter is that we are a middle of the road club, currently punching above our weight. We have a fantastic scouting network which is reaping dividends. We see young promising talent, we develop it as much as we can and we sell them for profit.

If you can't get your head around that then god help you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes I agree that earning more is a big pull and I don't blame him for wanting to earn more. My point is that some people are specifically commenting on the possibility of him getting injured, and therefore the relevance of how a new contract would ensure his family are catered for etc. These are two separate points. By all means say 'we'd all like to have a big pay rise', but the comments of 'it's fair enough because it secures his family' are wrong, because Brighton could secure his family too.
Nobody is saying he will get injured but the reality is that it is a possibility. They are not separate points. Get compensation when your career has ended when you're on $£35k a week is very different to getting compensation when you are on £165k a week! Surely you see that?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He was shopping around for new agents end of last year - his previous reps were South American / Ecuadorean and with multiple representatives no doubt wanted to simply this for any move.

Make no mistakes this was all driven by Moises , he would have agreed a plan with his agents when deciding which one to work with
Rather callous view. He would have been approached by various agents rather than seeking them out and no doubt they would, as part of their pitch, identified his earning prospects as they saw it. What 21 year old would not be swayed by the prospect of, possibly, a 5 fold increase in your wages.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'll whisper it quietly as I know we won, but... We certainly missed him today. Our usual passing game was sloppy and we struggled to get on top in midfield, particularly in the second half.

Would love to know what he's thinking right now though.
Missed him but showed that with a decent replacement, life goes on. This team’s not just about individual talent. It’s as much about the finely-honed tactics, the effort, the structure, the desire. Maybe why it’s not a given our stars will shine when they leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here