[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just face it Potter is no De Zerbi , after all it is what it is :lolol:
My god, is swanny still banging on about this on every possible thread? :ROFLMAO:

Surely it's time for him to make his own thread about this and defend his idol with cherry-picked stat after cherry-picked stat. All the while refusing to consider the reasons why we are very encouraged by De Zerbi's start.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, he could wait until the summer but you will still get the same idiots ranting then as they are now. Look at the Cucurrela episode to prove that.
The only issue with Cuckoo was that he was asking to leave when we had a piss-take offer from City, spouting about how he wanted to play for Pep (with the truth being that he'd go to any big club), but when the offer came in the vast majority of us thought it was a fair offer and selling him was the right decision for the club. The same would likely be the case for Caicedo if the offer is big enough in the summer, but mid-season is completely different.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
:facepalm: You are aware of how our club operate. MC is an investment and always was. Great whilst he's here but he is always going to be sold on. My comment about nurturing was aimed at another post and as I said it seemed to suggest we'd been managing his career for ages. Compare the way we nurtured Ben White's trajectory and it's very different.

As for your comments about diet, where did you get that? Was he on a terrible diet at his previous club?

Not quite sure how to take the rest of what you say. We've looked after our investment. That's it.

Yes, he could wait until the summer but you will still get the same idiots ranting then as they are now. Look at the Cucurrela episode to prove that.
Every single player has his own specific dietary needs mapped out for him daily by one of our nutritionists , each player has daily supplements allotted to their needs , and every player has his own IPAD that they record everything they eat do and drink , which is why each player on match day has his own separate drinks as well as water , and yes their bowel movements are monitored as well so as to sustain a healthy gut .

It`s a shame you see our players as investments .

Reactions: cjd

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think it’s fairly obvious what I’m talking about.

Comparing this to the Stephen’s situation is frankly laughable, Dunk maybe less so, if you choose to forget about him being made one of our biggest earners off the back of it - Burnley (and Fulham lol) vs Arsenal or Chelsea …. Hmmmmmm yep, must have been genuinely hard for Dale in particular, you know - when the dust settled - I’m surprised he managed to refocus at all tbh… absolutely not relevant at all. That and DS was a squad player with massively limited ability… I’m not even sure he was that serious about leaving.

Even if, and it’s a rather big IF, this situation is akin to the DS situation the hyperbole around the club, the bidders, the hubris of the player - yeah, it’s like comparing an Apple with a lime.

Now we’ve sorted your frankly ludicrous it’s just like DS argument out, I can embellish my opening gambit with some fairly likely outcomes:

A seriously crest fallen player,
A bruised ego,
General squad disharmony,
A pissed off coach,
Breakdown of former good relationships,
Booing from his own fans,
Lack of focus, effort and desire,
Time on the bench,
Depreciation of asset value,
Suspicious thigh strains,
Not in the right frame of mind to play…

It’s a recipe for disaster, the days of playing hardball with want away players are firmly behind us, and the game in general. They hold all the cards, by pretending all will be fine and dandy on the 1st of February … seriously … w t absolute f are YOU going on about ?

This will end in acrimony or with a HUGE sale, by keeping until the summer we’ll see less and less of the player he was and our % profit will inevitably suffer as a consequence.

Lastly, his statement or his agents statement or whatever … was and is pathetic… why so many people naively allow these so called professionals so much leeway is lost on me… “it’s not his fault … oooohhh poor little players and their nasty agents…”

For me, the game’s almost dead … this latest episode and this willingness of some to accept it and/or forgive the actions of those culpable because he’s a key player … nah, I say cut him loose and focus on players who will be focussed for the remainder of the season… force him to stay and I reckon he’ll be average at best, physically and mentally unavailable at worst.

Hey ho, you know best ;)
DS was far from a squad player. After the Burnley affair, he started 33 games in our promotions season. Only Dunk, Bruno, Murray and Knockaert started more.

Think you're memory is playing tricks with you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Every single player has his own specific dietary needs mapped out for him daily by one of our nutritionists , each player has daily supplements allotted to their needs , and every player has his own IPAD that they record everything they eat do and drink , which is why each player on match day has his own separate drinks as well as water , and yes their bowel movements are monitored as well so as to sustain a healthy gut .

It`s a shame you see our players as investments .
And how do you think TB sees them?

Yes, there are the likes of Dunk, March etc that will stay but the likes of Mitoma, Mac Allister, Caceido and probably Sarmiento, Encisco will be firstly developed to help the club but ultimately the reality is they will be sold on for a huge profit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why would Albion name a price for something they don’t want to sell? Basic. Up to the buyer to pique the club’s interest. As for the bit about the price dropping, if we qualify for Europe thanks partly to Caicedo, are we really going to care if we get £20m less? In fact, I’m sure we’d be very willing to accept less in the summer than what we’d want now and always have been. It’s strange how so few of these outside commenters can grasp that there’s more to this than just money, and also seem to think #teamslikebrighton should meekly accept their place in a pre-defined pecking order. Baffling. We’re in the top 6 and want to remain there. Really not difficult to understand.

The dumb-ass asshole thinks we'd be bothered if his market price (not the Tw*tterati clickbait fuelled speculative one, but the real one) dropped a bit in the summer if we were in Europe (and even mote delightfully if in so-doing we had deprived Chelsea of their 'rightful' place!)

Tw*t!

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Turning this on its head, the late play for Caicedo has (relatively speaking) worked okay for us.

If Arsenal and the agents had orchestrated this transfer through Instagram at the beginning of the month, we may well not have seen the big wins over Everton and Liverpool, the away draw at Leicester.

Damage limitation, the sulky enforced leave may be pretty brief.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So he could sign a new deal with us that gives him a lot more than £30k a week for the next 5 years, and also a release clause if a big enough offer comes in.
He could, but do you think TB will pay MC the same that he can get at Arsenal? I'd love to think so but I doubt it. You then have to look at the effect on others, we can't just pay MC that, we'd have to increase the pay for the other members of the squad and all of a sudden our current wage structure goes out of the window. Wasn't paying high wages one of the reasons that started our demise when we were last in the top flight?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Turning this on its head, the late play for Caicedo has (relatively speaking) worked okay for us.

If Arsenal and the agents had orchestrated this transfer through Instagram at the beginning of the month, we may well not have seen the big wins over Everton and Liverpool, the away draw at Leicester.

Damage limitation, the sulky enforced leave may be pretty brief.
Have to agree with this. Also, I think most club owners would have rolled over but not TB.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Perfect scenario really is that he knuckles down, sees us to a top 8 finish, we sell to Real Madrid for £100m in June, bring in Haïdara and bank a good £50m+ profit.

More likely is that we end up caving in and accepting £80m to the Arse in the next few days, recall Alzate or Koslowski and make no new signings beyond the Swedish lad, IMO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If he stays (which I suspect will be the case), then the way this has been played out I can see an adverse crowd reaction for him if/when he next dons the stripes at the Amex. Which would be sad, and counter-productive, but not entirely unjustified.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Over a 1,000 posts on this subject! From a mix of supporters, interesting stuff, lots of empathy for us.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/moi...at-he-is-leaving.472434/page-20#post-30056239
This one was good :giggle:

“Quite late to replace him though - and not easy to find a similar mould. Knowing Brighton though, they probably have a list of 5 players who they can get for 2m that will come in and make you wonder what the noise generated by Caicedo was all about.”

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If he stays (which I suspect will be the case), then the way this has been played out I can see an adverse crowd reaction for him if/when he next dons the stripes at the Amex. Which would be sad, and counter-productive, but not entirely unjustified.
I struggle a bit to gauge what the Amex crowd will be like towards certain teams/players/managers. I often find when speaking to people on the concourse that some people, even STHs, don't really keep up with the goings on at the club and tend to take what goes on the pitch at face value, which is absolutely fine if that's the way they choose to do it I guess.

I get the feeling Moises would get a big show of support and general understanding that he is destined to play for one of the gargantuan clubs if/when he next plays, but who knows?

Sideshow Knob got a good reception in the friendly at Reading even though he'd clearly been sounding out a move.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I struggle a bit to gauge what the Amex crowd will be like towards certain teams/players/managers. I often find when speaking to people on the concourse that some people, even STHs, don't really keep up with the goings on at the club and tend to take what goes on the pitch at face value, which is absolutely fine if that's the way they choose to do it I guess.

I get the feeling Moises would get a big show of support and general understanding that he is destined to play for one of the gargantuan clubs if/when he next plays, but who knows?

Sideshow Knob got a good reception in the friendly at Reading even though he'd clearly been sounding out a move.
I hope your're right and that this has somehow gone a bit "under the radar" for the majority, but this is quite a big splash so I can't see too many being relatively unaware.

If he's in an Albion shirt again this season, then my feeling is that some people will let it be known what they think about this little saga, and BOOO. But I will hold back, because thats not helping anyone. However, next season, when he returns with his "dream club", then he will get absolute Cucurella-style dogs abuse. And I will fully join in, hoping that it utterly breaks him just as it did with our other 1-season show pony.

Thats how I feel.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to agree with this. Also, I think most club owners would have rolled over but not TB.
Just guessing, but after the mass exodus of players and key staff over the last 5 months, not necessarily in his/PB’s plans, I think there’s an element of drawing a line in the sand. This is more than about Caicedo.

Letting people within the club and circling vultures know, that we won’t roll over and allow all n sundry to leave when they wish.

Giving continuity to RDZ.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The lad is certainly being a little short sighted here I feel.

Seems to be the way in football and I wonder how much the agents have to do with this thinking.

Stay for the season and have a wider choice of club in the summer. There are a lot of big clubs in dire need of a play like Caiceo, I would guess that he would be in the top three targets (behind Bellingham and somewhere around Rice).

He'll also be six months older and six months more experienced with more to offer his new club.

Still what do I know, footballers seem to be highly impatient in these situations.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The lad is certainly being a little short sighted here I feel.

Seems to be the way in football and I wonder how much the agents have to do with this thinking.

Stay for the season and have a wider choice of club in the summer. There are a lot of big clubs in dire need of a play like Caiceo, I would guess that he would be in the top three targets (behind Bellingham and somewhere around Rice).

He'll also be six months older and six months more experienced with more to offer his new club.

Still what do I know, footballers seem to be highly impatient in these situations.
All about the new agents and Arsenal orchestrating the whole thing.

An older player, with good advice, might’ve been more patient on his career defining move.

The agents of course want to cash is now whilst he’s theirs. Life changing wealth for two chancers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All about the new agents and Arsenal orchestrating the whole thing.

An older player, with good advice, might’ve been more patient on his career defining move.

The agents of course want to cash is now whilst he’s theirs. Life changing wealth for two chancers.
The agent problem has never been solved in football. Been an expensive problem for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports