Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The fans might not like Chelsea but everything indicates Bloom & Barber have a great relation with them:

PB and Boehly being buddies, sitting next to each other at fancy schmancy diners etc.
Manchester City f***ing around with Cucurella & agents for more than two weeks... before Chelsea came in and bought him quite smoothly.
PB saying (radio? it was mentioned here at least) that they didn't have any issues with Chelsea or the choice the ex-staff made
Arranging a friendly about a week (or two?) after the whole coaching staff had left for Chelsea

I think it is just wishful thinking to believe that Tony is annoyed or angry with Chelsea. We'll see a lot of deals made between the clubs, I would imagine. My guess is that he is far more annoyed with City using every dirty trick in the book trying to force Brighton to sell Cucurella cheaply to them. None of TB, PB or DW are likely to give a single f*** about what people on NSC think as long as Chelsea are willing to pay about twice as much as anyone else.

That was organized well in advance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That was organized well in advance.
The friendly? No.
The friendly was played because both Chelsea and Brighton (along with other teams) had games cancelled due to the death of your Queen, which happened on the same day GP & co were appointed... meaning the friendly was certainly not planned before Chelsea poached GP.

You're talking about something that happened before they came for Potter and a shit load of our other staff.

Don't try and push the angle that they view Chelsea the same way they did before the Potter shit went down when it was clear that they were not happy with how it all went down.
I think they do (despite the inconvenience), and will be happy to continue making business with Chelsea in the future.

Last edited:

Group stage participation for the European Conference league is €2,940,000. A victory in the group pays €500k, a draw pays €166k. Group winners recieve €650k, runner up €325k.

Europa Leauge figures are a little higher €3.6m for group stage participation.

As for Premier League final standings, last season it worked out to be about £2.65m per place you finished. We finished 10th and recieved £127.9m in TV money etc, 7th place recieved $143.3m.

All in all, qualiying for European Conference could mean as much as £20m odd.
Sod it then, let's just go for champions league and the big bucks!!🙂🙂

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Big difference between playing a hastily arranged friendly against the team whose training ground is closest to you (I'd imagine?) and both boards still being best buddies IMHO.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
View on TS on the radio this morning from their ‘guru‘ sounds closer to the mark - no need to sell, no wish to sell, offer would have to be ridiculous so more likely one to watch in the summer.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The fans might not like Chelsea but everything indicates Bloom & Barber have a great relation with them:

PB and Boehly being buddies, sitting next to each other at fancy schmancy diners etc.
Manchester City f***ing around with Cucurella & agents for more than two weeks... before Chelsea came in and bought him quite smoothly.
PB saying (radio? it was mentioned here at least) that they didn't have any issues with Chelsea or the choice the ex-staff made
Arranging a friendly about a week (or two?) after the whole coaching staff had left for Chelsea

I think it is just wishful thinking to believe that Tony is annoyed or angry with Chelsea. We'll see a lot of deals made between the clubs, I would imagine. My guess is that he is far more annoyed with City using every dirty trick in the book trying to force Brighton to sell Cucurella cheaply to them. None of TB, PB or DW are likely to give a single f*** about what people on NSC think as long as Chelsea are willing to pay about twice as much as anyone else.

Completely agree.

I expect Caicedo to go to Chelsea at some point, but hope it'll be in the summer - probably with Colwill coming back for another season on loan having signed a new deal at Chelsea.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
by the way, Caicedo has literally just appointed new agents (18th Jan) so he is certainly making himself open to opportunities and will be moving somewhere (either now if the price is right) or in the Summer in my opinion. Shame but was always going to happen with a player this good. Just hope that when the time comes, he goes about it in the right manner, so we can always give him a good reception when he returns.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
by the way, Caicedo has literally just appointed new agents (18th Jan) so he is certainly making himself open to opportunities and will be moving somewhere (either now if the price is right) or in the Summer in my opinion. Shame but was always going to happen with a player this good. Just hope that when the time comes, he goes about it in the right manner, so we can always give him a good reception when he returns.
Yep - was on social media before Christmas in swanky London restaurants with his new agents

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I feel a bit more relaxed about this after reading the interview with Pervis on the Brighton website, saying how he belives this squad can reach a Eurpeon place.

Why would Brighton put out an article to make us excited about this season, then sell one of our best players? That would be cruel

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Yep - was on social media before Christmas in swanky London restaurants with his new agents
indeed but the official appointment was literally yesterday, so nothing could even begin until then. This is one of the main reasons why it will probably be Summer as theres very little time to this window shuts, but you never know (especially if its our mates Chelsea)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe that Ben Jacobs is appearing on the Albion podcast, Together BHA on Sunday. They have invited questions that can be sent to them via their social media streams.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
‘Sources have told 90min the club do not envisage any situation this month that would convince them to even contemplate a deal. The Seagulls are also in a strong situation with Caicedo's contract as it runs until 2025’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here