[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
@ ing Fabrizo bloke and another to say well done for breaking it - not sure this kid has any links with the club? Naylor & Owen only I think…
Keep an eye on him. I think he does. He's a Brighton lad and graduated from Brighton uni. He's crediting fab but you would rarely see him quote fab stories. Just simply acking the fact he broke it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very different player to March (who's 28 btw). Kudus can do at job on the wing but long term destined to okay centrally, I reckon.
Yep. Strange player. Can pretty much play anywhere across the midfield and attack. But very good at tackling and getting the ball back. He's little bit like caciedo. But he's very strong going forward as well.

Still not convinced he will be able to do it at epl level. Feels like a de zerbi request. Risky signing for the money. We should have got him pre Ajax.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Keep an eye on him. I think he does. He's a Brighton lad and graduated from Brighton uni. He's crediting fab but you would rarely see him quote fab stories. Just simply acking the fact he broke it.
Will see… ‘was verified pre musk’ in his bio comes across a little desperate I must say!

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
Very different player to March (who's 28 btw). Kudus can do at job on the wing but long term destined to okay centrally, I reckon.
Oops I've added a year to Solly! Signing someone 6 years younger who has experience in Europe makes sense though. Disagree entirely that they're very different, he's played in multiple positions but this season it was predominantly RW and Pedro is predominantly central so yeah I do think that's where he would play

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yep. Strange player. Can pretty much play anywhere across the midfield and attack. But very good at tackling and getting the ball back. He's little bit like caciedo. But he's very strong going forward as well.

Still not convinced he will be able to do it at epl level. Feels like a de zerbi request. Risky signing for the money. We should have got him pre Ajax.

I agree that it's a risk for the money. 40 seems too much. He's got a lot of potential though so if we can do a deal at the right price, it'd be great. The good thing is he's clearly a hardworking player so I reckon RDZ could really help him develop.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
@ ing Fabrizo bloke and another to say well done for breaking it - not sure this kid has any links with the club? Naylor & Owen only I think…
He works for the Express and consistently shares well sourced comments / lines about Albion transfers. Acknowledges that FR broke this initially.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He works for the Express and consistently shares well sourced comments / lines about Albion transfers. Acknowledges that FR broke this initially.
I know all that (allegedly as freelance once could mean ‘works for express). But still don’t see him getting info from the club like Naylor sometimes seems to ..

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I know all that (allegedly as freelance once could mean ‘works for express). But still don’t see him getting info from the club like Naylor sometimes seems to ..
Certain he doesn't get anything from the club. Why would he? Just seems like a mini Fab with a focus on Brighton IE posts persistent rumours and done deals but without the help of agents. Amazing how much credit these Twitter chances get. Can't see any post he's ever made that shows genuine insider knowledge, in fact someone just very active here could seem more 'in the know'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Certain he doesn't get anything from the club. Why would he? Just seems like a mini Fab with a focus on Brighton IE posts persistent rumours and done deals but without the help of agents. Amazing how much credit these Twitter chances get. Can't see any post he's ever made that shows genuine insider knowledge, in fact someone just very active here could seem more 'in the know'.
A few years ago I did a piss take thing on here to show how easy it is to state the obvious and try and make it look like you’re in the know 🤣

Ps - Bart the keeper is signing in the next week 😜

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This would be a great signing for us. Would fit into our team really nicely.
This, no idea why the doubt is in some peoples minds, best dribbling stats in Europe RDZ’s game plan is get our forward players to have as many one on ones as possible with opponents defence hence the Pedro signing. The fee well if TB sees value who are we to argue.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This, no idea why the doubt is in some peoples minds, best dribbling stats in Europe RDZ’s game plan is get our forward players to have as many one on ones as possible with opponents defence hence the Pedro signing. The fee well if TB sees value who are we to argue.
Agreed.

I do find it a bit odd that NSC seems to be more excited about a kid at Bristol City, totally unproven at the top level, than somebody who’s already done it in Europe and at a World Cup.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agreed.

I do find it a bit odd that NSC seems to be more excited about a kid at Bristol City, totally unproven at the top level, than somebody who’s already done it in Europe and at a World Cup.
Probably because Fabrizio Romano broke the initial Kudus interest and he seems to. be living rent fee in an awful lot of posters heads 🤣

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I really don't get the need for another attacking player that can play across the front three.

For once I would be more excited to hear that we are making a top level CB or RB signing,

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Pretty sure he'll be coming with an eye on him playing 8. Pretty much all the better scouting and YouTube sites suggest that is his best position. If you watch them or read up on him it's clear his real strengths are holding onto the ball, beating the press, workrate, dribbling from deep. I don't think he'd be signed as a striker or winger, more someone who can play anywhere in front of defence. In fact he looks like the Moises replacement if the rumours are right in terms of cost and timing.
He was signed by Ajax as a CM, played there the first season and it was necessity more than anything that moved him higher up the pitch.
Also makes a lot of sense having a left footer centrally to shift the ball out to Pervis and Mitoma. Gives us really good balance with he just in front of Gross/Dahoud/Alzate/maybe even Billy (who I suspect is likely to play a little higher up the field).
The idea of Kudus, Pervis, Mitoma, JP all breaking at pace on the left half of the field is very exciting.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Pretty sure he'll be coming with an eye on him playing 8. Pretty much all the better scouting and YouTube sites suggest that is his best position. If you watch them or read up on him it's clear his real strengths are holding onto the ball, beating the press, workrate, dribbling from deep. I don't think he'd be signed as a striker or winger, more someone who can play anywhere in front of defence. In fact he looks like the Moises replacement if the rumours are right in terms of cost and timing.
He was signed by Ajax as a CM, played there the first season and it was necessity more than anything that moved him higher up the pitch.
Fair enough that would make more sense. Assumed he was another no. 10 from watching the highlights.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fair enough that would make more sense. Assumed he was another no. 10 from watching the highlights.
Yeah I'm no expert obviously but it seems his raw skillset is much more suited to playing in a position that relies more on physicality than the subtleties of a 10. But I also think RDZ probably doesn't see those four central positions as 4, 8, 9, 10. Moises was definitely managed a little differently at times, he seemed to have distinct orders to be conservative in his forward runs, but when we played others in 4 and 8 they seemed to have a lot more creative freedom. I think RDZ wants players who can do two things primarily in those positions - hold on to the ball and attack at pace. He wants that eventual attack to be devastating and having someone like Kudus in the mix centrally makes a lot of sense. Totally different from Mac who is all about guile and if anything slows the game down slightly. It's another step forward into the realms of savagely aggressive football.
Of course I might be totally wrong and he might just play right wing :)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Yeah I'm no expert obviously but it seems his raw skillset is much more suited to playing in a position that relies more on physicality than the subtleties of a 10. But I also think RDZ probably doesn't see those four central positions as 4, 8, 9, 10. Moises was definitely managed a little differently at times, he seemed to have distinct orders to be conservative in his forward runs, but when we played others in 4 and 8 they seemed to have a lot more creative freedom. I think RDZ wants players who can do two things primarily in those positions - hold on to the ball and attack at pace. He wants that eventual attack to be devastating and having someone like Kudus in the mix centrally makes a lot of sense. Totally different from Mac who is all about guile and if anything slows the game down slightly. It's another step forward into the realms of savagely aggressive football.
RDZball net season could be 1-2-8 with Veerbruggen playing GK, RB, LB, 2 x CB, & DM; couple of blokes taking throw ins and everyone else in oppo penalty area.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
That may all be true but almost all of the good things we did in midfield this season were protected by Caicedos positional play, incredible ball winning ability and never ending engine.

I love a ball.player as much as the next man and I love RDZ's notion of being "The Protagonist'.

I hope one of the newbies can play at least part of that role because they and Gross and Gilmour seem to be best on the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports