Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Perhaps because both of the examples cited are not as good in a faster, more intense environment. (I think they are both overrated as well, having watched them).

I take your point though, and you buy a player for the system, not design the system around the player.

Edit - BTW @NooBHA glad you’re still popping on NSC.
I do look at other threads too but don't have enough insight to have an opinion on all of them now. This one I did because I have discussed with CH why Mohamed hasn't always been selected to start the Ghana matches when the Press seem to be screaming for him to be in the starting line up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
which is what we need a little bit, i think. we’ve got loads of ‘steady eddies’ who give us 7/10 each week. that’s the spine of the team right there. what players like kudus give us is the ability to offer that bit of something extra when we need to break a delicately poised game, which is what we missed at times last season i feel, especially at wembley
Yes but he is not an Anthony Knockhaert type of 9/10 player when he does have his good games

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really think that Tau could've been some player for us under De Zerbi, he was a bit too direct for Potter.
This is the thing.

Can you think of any player who RDZ has picked who we have thought 'shitehouse'? I can't. Undav was poor in the semi final but look what happened after that.

This isn't because we have the best squad in the EPL.

It is because we have the best manager.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pascal Gross isn't exactly blessed with lightning pace but every manager he has played under at Brighton seems to always have rated him highly and played him under 3 different types of systems. There will always be plenty players like him who bring more to a team than natural ability. Timmy Cahill was the perfect example of such a player.

Back to Kudus. He is a decent player and will get better as he gets older but he isn't someone who will be a 7/10 every week.

He is more of a 4/10 one week and a 9/10 another week
More like Trossard then ?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Not unlike the SPL, in that almost everyclub is virtual cannon fodder to the top two, Ajax and Feyenoord, possibly add to that PSV.
Not entirely true, there's a few more good teams than the SPL.

Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV are the clear top 3.

Outside of that you have AZ Alkmaar who are slightly below but do often challenge them, as well as other teams having good seasons like Utrecht, or Twente.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is the thing.

Can you think of any player who RDZ has picked who we have thought 'shitehouse'? I can't. Undav was poor in the semi final but look what happened after that.

This isn't because we have the best squad in the EPL.

It is because we have the best manager.
Every player needs a run of games at all levels, people that slated Undav after his ten minutes here and there have never played football at any level. After a few games your first touch becomes automatically much better because you aren’t over thinking I have to impress and we’ve seen that with Denis.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Every player needs a run of games at all levels, people that slated Undav after his ten minutes here and there have never played football at any level. After a few games your first touch becomes automatically much better because you aren’t over thinking I have to impress and we’ve seen that with Denis.
As virtually all of his teammates welcomed the breather that the end of the season brought, I’d imagine Denis was the exception as he was getting better and better.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Really think that Tau could've been some player for us under De Zerbi, he was a bit too direct for Potter.
I'm sure I read somewhere on NSC (can't find it now) that Tau's problem was not skill levels, fitness or anything like that; but that he would not follow instructions or tactics; and always did things his way - or at least tried to. Don't think that would go down to well with De Zerbi!

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I'm sure I read somewhere on NSC (can't find it now) that Tau's problem was not skill levels, fitness or anything like that; but that he would not follow instructions or tactics; and always did things his way - or at least tried to. Don't think that would go down to well with De Zerbi!
Having watched snippets of South African football from time to time, i have to say it's a pretty dreadful standard. When a player is ripping it up in a poor league its almost impossible to say whether they are going to be a hit over here. I suppose the way we use the loan system weeds out some of the ones who aren't going to make it.
Not that we'd loan out this guy though!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This would be astonishing if it happens.

£45 million euros on a player from the Dutch league after spending 30 m on another from the Championship, with more incoming?

Not sure why we seem to be in for another attacking wide player when our obvious weak points last season were CB and RB

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Think he would suit us perfectly. He's class behind the striker but can also play upfront himself. Dynamic player, good work rate and can finish. Yeah the eredivisie can be a bit 50/50 but this lads done it in the champions league and had a really good world cup, so he has a bit of pedigree and is still developing.

It's a yes for me. I'd actually be shocked if we do sign him, surprised no bigger clubs go in for him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If his Caicedo updates are anything to go by then I fully expect personal terms to be agreed by the start of July… 2025.

Is he talking to himself?
Just spotted iii the M&S food hall near Churchill Square ordering an egg mayo sandwich (with cress) and a bottle of Buxton water (500ml size).

TNBA

TTF
Who can blame him? Those sarnies are VERY good :thumbsup:

No crisps or snack to complete the 'meal deal'?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This would be astonishing if it happens.

£45 million euros on a player from the Dutch league after spending 30 m on another from the Championship, with more incoming?

Not sure why we seem to be in for another attacking wide player when our obvious weak points last season were CB and RB
You know we can work on several player deals at the same time, right ? Not all of them will be splashed over social media

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here