Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohamed Camara

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Back onto Mo Camara. Interesting to see that the Leeds Raphinha sale to Chelsea now looks in doubt due to him wanting a move to Barcelona which may take another 6/12 months to complete due to Barcelona’s financial position.
The Leeds sale of Phillips has had to be sanctioned due to their ‘overspending in previous seasons’ according to their Director Of Football. Cant see Leeds being able to buy a £30m midfielder if the Raphinha sale doesn’t complete. Also not great for them to have a player who wants to go elsewhere.
Shows how many twists and turns there can be in transfer sagas.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yup. And I think Barca are waiting to see what happens with De Jong, if he goes to United, then they've got money to spend on Raphinha.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Could still be on, as apparently he’s going back to training with Salzburg. Apparently Leeds gave only had a basic discussion, they can’t afford to make a bid until they get the money for Phillips or Raphinha.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Could still be on, as apparently he’s going back to training with Salzburg. Apparently Leeds gave only had a basic discussion, they can’t afford to make a bid until they get the money for Phillips or Raphinha.

It does seem as if Leeds recruitment strategy isn’t well planned and that the £30m deal for Camara is anything but a done deal.
Possibly will be if they sell Raphinha but the full asking price in cash seems to be off at present.
Looks more like Leeds are prioritising the Tyler Adam’s purchase or loan.
I can only see us going for Camara if we sell Cucu and can get a replacement for circa £10m leaving a nice surplus for another signing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It does seem as if Leeds recruitment strategy isn’t well planned and that the £30m deal for Camara is anything but a done deal.
Possibly will be if they sell Raphinha but the full asking price in cash seems to be off at present.

Who says the asking price is £30m ? Only - the by now completely discredited ITK Twitter account. So judging Leeds recruitment strategy, the timetable for this transfer (is he for sale ? ) , their budget, and even Albion’s approach informed by whatever it’s been speculatively “reporting” seems a bit fruitless.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Leeds have sold Phillips to Man City so can presumably afford to slash the cash now.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I thought they said the other day they were forced to sell him due to overspending in previous seasons

Have no idea as don’t really pay much attention to Leeds news. Could well be the case, though FFP rules seem completely ignored these days.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leeds have sold Phillips to Man City so can presumably afford to slash the cash now.

By the same token Man City have sold Jesus to Arsenal so can splash the cash on Cucurella which, in turn, could provide us with the cash for Camara and Tagliafico if we were interested.

More likely City are waiting on the Sterling deal to Chelsea being concluded. Hopefully, this will be before Raphinha signs for Barca so that we get our deal done before they get their big money sale.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is this Camara to Leeds deal real, or is it just the made up shite from one Twitter poster who got lucky with the Mwepu transfer?

I haven’t seen it from any reputable sauce , at all, just retweet’s etc from this one poster.
It seems strange that only one sauce is ITK, with the Dirties massive media footprint.

I’ll wait until someone I rate as reliable posts on it, if you don’t mind.

Just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here