Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohamed Amoura

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Agree, but possibly in the summer break, if we fail to make Europe?

We agreed to a transfer ban between the clubs until September next year. Which would rule out the summer window too.

UEFA said the clubs who had been the subject of proceedings had also agreed not to transfer or loan players to each other, directly or indirectly, until at least September next year, or to enter into any joint technical or commercial agreements or to share scouting database information.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It is odd that Man City appears to be allowed to sign Girona players now despite both being in the CL next year. I'm not why we had to agree it lasting this summer as well if one didn't qualify

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
It is odd that Man City appears to be allowed to sign Girona players now despite both being in the CL next year. I'm not why we had to agree it lasting this summer as well if one didn't qualify

There is no ban between City and Girona as they’ve not both qualified for Europe at the same time previously. It will depend on what UEFA decide over the summer. City Group currently own 47% so would need to reduce the share below 30. If they do make any transfer agreements they could well be refused if UEFA decide to implement a transfer ban. I’m sure the legal teams of us, USG and the other 4 clubs sanctioned last summer will be watching what happens closely.

Edit - I see the player City are signing is Sávio who is only on loan at Girona from French second division side Troyes. So although Troyes are also owned by the City group, they won't be in Europe next season (in fact Troyes are in danger of slipping into the third division) so this won't be effected by any UEFA ruling on City and Girona.

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If we want him, & it’s a choice of going to another club in the summer or us January, does Tony not hold enough weight there these days to make it happen with us?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
If we want him, & it’s a choice of going to another club in the summer or us January, does Tony not hold enough weight there these days to make it happen with us?
I'm not sure he ever held weight there. Even when he was the majority shareholder he was very much a silent partner leaving Alex Muzio to run things, now Muzio is the major shareholder he's even more free to run the club how he wants. Also it doesn't strike me as something Tony would ever do stop a players move because we wanted him, the player might not want to join us anyway and could be even less likely if we've somehow stood in the way of a even more lucrative move for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here