Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Modern Football Terminology You Hate !

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
"Holding role in front of the back four."
Why can't you just have defenders who can defend???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Where to start?

tagging Football Club onto the name of any club often multiple times in the same sentence.

Do they do that in the uk too? They do it over here to it drives me nuts. We know they are a football club you are talking about football you don't need to remind us. We are not going to suddenly think 'oh is he talking about the Hawthorn bridge club?' ****ing nuggets.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There or thereabouts? Where, exactly?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think this thread has dipped into Football Clichés slightly which wasn't the point. It's always had that...

I was really referring to things like...

Swansea/Reading (delete where applicable) are a breath of fresh air to the Premiership. They play the game in the right way.

Or when Swansea beat Arsenal it makes back page headlines as if San Marino have beaten Brazil.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"simulation" used to be called diving and cheating.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Pretty much anything that comes out of Brendan Rodgers gob, but if I had to chose one, it's when he trots out the old, "Liverpool supporters are an intelligent bunch who understand their football & what we're trying to achieve here".
Well David chuffing Brent, if they were that intelligent they'd realise just what a patronizing berk you are!
(And breathe).

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Fluffed lines.

Something our would be goal scorers are often accused of having done.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
EPL (it isn't)

EPL is quite horrendous,its Americanism lazy armchair supporting twit crap at its very worst.
I truly believe anyone using this horrible term to describe the top tier on this site should have an automatic 24 hour ban......and get a spanking

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It’s probably about to get worse. NBC Sports will start live coverage of all Premiership games next week in the States – they’ve lined up Lee Dixon and Graham Le Saux as commentators with Lineker as a special contributor. Wait until they start regurgitating the Americanisms they’ve picked up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are being weaned onto Soccer etc as Junior is in Kansas for the next two years on a Soccer Scholarship, very frustrating trying to understand all these new meanings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here