Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Modern football - Hype, hype and yet more hype.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This wasn't meant as a dig at Chailey, who cut in half, I am sure you would find Albion written right through him. But I am genuinely interested to know if he thinks all those 30 posters are all wrong?
I thumbed up the op because it was a well reasoned post that addressed a serious issue. But as stated I disagree with the op's specifics and think that ennui directed at the Albion is misplaced and should be directed at football as a whole.

Can't speak for Chailey obviously, but I'm not going to agree with everything I read on NSC simply because it generates more than 30 thumbs.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Promotion would destroy this board. Everything it collectively hates will increase.

Because the prices will go up.
The hype will increase.
The marketing will increase.
The financial needle the club has to thread -- despite the Sky money -- will become narrower.(1)
Because of the stakes involved, playing to not-lose will become -- or remain -- the norm.

1. The increased TV money is mostly a comparative advantage across divisions, not within the top flight. The difference between TV money top and bottom is about £50 million, the difference between bottom EPL and any Championship team from Sky money is ~£100 million)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here