Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moder

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The pundits are all blaming Stones , but I thought the pressing from Modor was very good. See how far away from Stones he was when Pope passed the ball out. He got to Stones very rapidly, and I think it surprised Stones.

Great finish as well.

He also did well to stay onside for the return pass.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The pundits are all blaming Stones , but I thought the pressing from Modor was very good. See how far away from Stones he was when Pope passed the ball out. He got to Stones very rapidly, and I think it surprised Stones.

Great finish as well.

Stones has that in him, we've seen it many times before. I'd always encourage a player to close him down, he's got the touch of a panel beater with Parkinsons.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The question is where does he play in an Albion side.

I don't see him as a long-term LWB like March, he is very tidy and his passing is excellent. He also seems to have a good nose for when to get forward.

Ultimately, I see him on the left of a central pair with Bissouma.

A straight replacement for Bissouma as a defensive midfielder but with more of a goal threat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One chance. One goal

That's Brighton and Hove Albion for you

I think you may have whooshed a few on here tonight. Which is as remarkable as it is disturbing. :moo:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see us selling both of them together. :dunce:

I think he is a different animal to Bissouma, more of a thoroughbred alongside a panther. If Bissouma leaves there is no one else at the club that can do that same job, but the way Moder is playing I think he is an upgrade on Propper and we can let the Dutchman leave.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
One chance. One goal

That's Brighton and Hove Albion for you

True, but also, one chance, over the bar, one chance, against the post, one chance, straight at the keeper, one chance, VAR'ed offside, one chance, handball in the build up, one chance, against the other post, one chance, tamely struck, one chance, deflected wide.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think he is a different animal to Bissouma, more of a thoroughbred alongside a panther. If Bissouma leaves there is no one else at the club that can do that same job, but the way Moder is playing I think he is an upgrade on Propper and we can let the Dutchman leave.
Deffo.

Even with the wealth of the Premier League behind Mr Bloom, I think it'll be quite a while before we see someone that can do the same job.

That completely contradicts EVERYTHING I've previously said about Bissouma moving on.

But watching Moder very closely tonight, and with the 1001 caveats a 21 year old from Poland has I was still taken by the brilliance of Biss.

If IF Biss mkII can come from Moder, Alzate, Molumby or Caicedo we are blessed beyond words.

The industry and ball stickability (is a word) mixed with the vision and skill set, Bissouma has is just too much for one player, he is the complete package and I still don't think I appreciate him enough.

Moder definitely has something about him.
Hopefully another cracking buy for the club.
But I'm going to stop applying Bissouma pressure on him - that's not fair.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Good goal for the pole and England won. Perfect night.

Caicedo is expected to be the new biss isn’t he? I see molder more like gross.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
Reminds me a bit of a young Gerrard.

And for me Sergio Busquets style with much more attacking values. As far as I remember from polish league his shooting skills were excellent (early game Newcastle misses were caused by debut nervousness in my opinion)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Now we know he’s quality, when will he get injured? :)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
England are arguably more like Albion - conceded from the first shot on target they allowed their opponents in three qualifying matches.

What differentiated Moder from the likes of Gerrard, I thought, is his height. Must be 6ft3. Was towering over the England players trying to get the ball off him.

This is what he said afterwards: "It is great to score at Wembley, but on the other hand this goal did not help us in the end. I have mixed feelings about it. It's a pity we did not manage to get a draw here. During the break, we corrected some things. In the second half we were better at pressing, which was a problem for the English. They didn't play so freely anymore. It paid off because we equalised. Unfortunately, we conceded from a corner and there was no time to make up for it. Details decide games at this level. A penalty kick was unnecessary, and in the second goal for the English, fractions of a second turned out to be crucial. We will analyse the game to avoid such mistakes in the future. We can still keep the second half as a plus. We showed that we can fight the strongest opponents as equals and we were close to winning a valuable point."

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
This is what he said afterwards: "It is great to score at Wembley, but on the other hand this goal did not help us in the end. I have mixed feelings about it. It's a pity we did not manage to get a draw here. During the break, we corrected some things. In the second half we were better at pressing, which was a problem for the English. They didn't play so freely anymore. It paid off because we equalised. Unfortunately, we conceded from a corner and there was no time to make up for it. Details decide games at this level. A penalty kick was unnecessary, and in the second goal for the English, fractions of a second turned out to be crucial. We will analyse the game to avoid such mistakes in the future. We can still keep the second half as a plus. We showed that we can fight the strongest opponents as equals and we were close to winning a valuable point."

So he says they're going to learn from this and take the positives? He definitely is one of ours, brings a tear to my eye.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Listened to the game in the car coming back from work and when he scored, I said "Yes!" and did a fist pump to myself..................BAD ENGLAND FAN?!!

Maybe, don't care. Good finish when I saw it later

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Got up this morning to the great news that Moder had scored against England. When was the last time an Albion player did that?
That will enhance his reputation. He must be a hero at home.
I am pleased England won, but it’s great that Moder gets the glory ..... Now do that for the club on Sunday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here