Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moder to score 1st and England to win 2-1 170/1

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If England parted company with Southgate after the World Cup how many top 10 EPL clubs would chase him? IMO none. It’s why Mancini got the better of him in the final, it will happen again.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yeh he plays within himself. The trick that does come out is occasional, as a surprise. Apart from that he's a low risk player. Get it, play it simple

The one criticism I would make is that, quite often his teams mate is on the ball and he's not especially moving into position to take a pass

Said similar earlier in the thread. He needs to learn from Lallana how to pass and move into space and want the ball back and he will be a hell of a player. Only young so hopefully it will come.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Mancini needed the lottery of a pen shoot-out to beat England.

Quite right. It also ignores that the England job isn't the pinnacle it once was. If Southgate left, no top 10 managers would be queuing up for his job either.

Why? Well the 10x drop in pay would be a factor. FA not paying the sort of salaries they were 15 years ago, that's for sure.

I think given everything, GS is as good as we could hope for. Very unlikely the next one will be anywhere near as good.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Said similar earlier in the thread. He needs to learn from Lallana how to pass and move into space and want the ball back and he will be a hell of a player. Only young so hopefully it will come.

Part of me thinks, this is something the manager has asked him to do, ie, to be the one that picks up the second pass ... but that seems unlikely ..... given I think he does it a bit for us as well

kjgood

I think we have a potential world class player on our hands, he has the physical attributes and skill to really be a great player. As you say just that extra knowledge and experience and Lallana is just the guy to mentor him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is true. All i'd say is Southgate's recent record is very good. Even the best team's don't win every game. Poland away not a gimme.

There's more than a touch of 'Tory candidate standing for election in one of the Shires' too it.

E-y0-0YWUAYWCfE.jpeg

I'm not entirely sure draping and tracksuit around a hatstand wouldn't have generated the same results

Mr Southgate is getting his England team to the loseable matches later in tournaments.
Fair play to him for that, still gotta get there, make your own luck and hopefully learn from your mistakes.

I'm just not sure, despite being an improvement on many of his predecessors, he's quite the man to punch home the advantage afforded to him by all the young talent generated in the EPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here