Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moder to score 1st and England to win 2-1 170/1

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Once again Southgate freezes. Just like the euros final he failed to make a substitution when we are crying out for one.

This.
I thought England played well again, Southgate needs to take some credit for that, however yet again he got his subs very wrong. I thought some players looked shattered in the last 10 mins but no changes, also when Poland started to build momentum in the last few minutes where were the time wasting and momentum stalling subs? As a top level manager he hasn’t got that steel eyed win at all costs mentality IMO.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, such an achievement beating the likes of Andorra, Albania and San Marino.

I know you have nothing bad to say about this England squad and Southgate, but christ I wish we'd stop being so defence first minded and sitting back on leads. We're better than that. We should be anything but dull to watch with the squad we have, yet we often are still. (yes I know we reached a semi and a final last two tournaments).

I agree. If they win the World Cup it will just be papering over the cracks.

Southgate isn't perfect. But he's likeable. And that is 50% of the battle with players you only work with every couple of months. It shows.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yes, such an achievement beating the likes of Andorra, Albania and San Marino.

I know you have nothing bad to say about this England squad and Southgate, but christ I wish we'd stop being so defence first minded and sitting back on leads. We're better than that. We should be anything but dull to watch with the squad we have, yet we often are still.

I'm not a massive fan of Southgate and the football isn't the most entertaining, but it is effective. In this qualifying campaign: Germany have lost to Macedonia, France have drawn twice with Ukraine and with Bosnia, Spain have drawn with Greece and dropped five points against Sweden, Italy have just drawn with Bulgaria and Switzerland. We've arguably had a tougher draw than all these sides, and getting through it so comfortably is a decent achievement. England shouldn't be expected to just turn up and spank any side that isn't one of the aforementioned names, just the same as City and Liverpool shouldn't when they play 'Teams Like Brighton', as they found out last season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I’m English but I like Moder for obvious reasons.

So I’m afraid I find the “my country, right or wrong” thing a bit difficult.

Absolutely. When E.M. Forster said 'If I had to choose between betraying my country, and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country," he was probably visualising Moder turning on a sixpence and leaving multiple lockdown cheat Kyle 'Headbutt' Walker in his wake.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
ZZ the greatest ever?! Now you’re stretching it!

Moder is really exciting though. I was surprised to read Potter’s comments recently that he see’s him as a CB option as I think he offers too much going forward. But I suppose it does highlight what a good all round player he is.

You’re probably right. ZZ my own personal favourite is more accurate.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Once again Southgate freezes. Just like the euros final he failed to make a substitution when we are crying out for one.

Cocky in my book. This is my first team, and it will win without any subs.!!! Ahhh.............boll.....ks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes - club and country just don’t touch eachother for me tbh. I hate Grealish against the Albion but he’s a top player and I like him playing for us at international level. Kane is a true gent and did exactly what Murray has done for us for years - sly etc but it was VAR fault for that. Maguire not a clue - Walker should have been sent off at Wembley against us but can’t hold any of that against them. 2 of the best tourno performances of our history and a group of players with a strong togetherness. Nothing not to like for me. I’m English and a minority on this board I admit ;)

Apart from the last sentence (why do you do that? It just makes you look like gammon dresed as bacon pretending to be gammon) I'm with you 110%.

People who take wormy club partizanship to England games should take up knitting as far as I'm concerned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We will never win anything. Absolute rubbish. Southgate, get rid. Clueless. We need to leave UEFA and FIFA, as it is forringers ruining this great country.

In other news England top their group.

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Could tell it was a must not lose .

Very nearly the perfect performance

Little bit ragged for the last 5 mins but you could see we didn’t have the intensity to hang on at all costs .

Tough game and very nearly perfect but good enough and a pleasure watching England who are now very very good .

Moaners piping up . Meltish really

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Cracking turn, he's obviously been practising flair with Pascal !

I am sure that is true and also training and playing alongside Adam L will be of enormous benefit. The lad is still only 22 and will by this time next season, I feel, be a fully established EPL star. As for his goosing of Kyle 'more tattoos than Edinburgh' Walker.Well that was a thing of beauty. Only negative from England for me was the inability, as we saw in the Euros final, to kill teams off. We do seem to retrench when in front as opposed to maybe more of the same? Minor comment really because I thoroughly enjoyed the match made more interesting by some of Poland's strong arm tactics.

TNBA

TTF

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Moder is a really classy footballer and for me would be a starter in our team his issue is the competition for places in his preferred position.

I just hope he gets his chance to nail down a starting position in his preferred position and does not become a utility player for us as I think he is better than that

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Job done by England and job more than done by Moder. Win / win as far as I’m concerned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Could tell it was a must not lose .

Very nearly the perfect performance

Little bit ragged for the last 5 mins but you could see we didn’t have the intensity to hang on at all costs .

Tough game and very nearly perfect but good enough and a pleasure watching England who are now very very good .

Moaners piping up . Meltish really

Pointing out a deficiency that cost us our first major trophy in over 50 years is not meltish.

Especially when just 3 months later the manager makes exactly the same mistake.

Against Italy it took him 20 minutes to react to the substitutions of Barella and Immobile by which time they had equalised. Last night he allowed Poland to make 5 substitutions without countering them with one of his own.

Would Graham Potter have failed to make a substitution for so long under those circumstances?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Moder is a really classy footballer and for me would be a starter in our team his issue is the competition for places in his preferred position.

I just hope he gets his chance to nail down a starting position in his preferred position and does not become a utility player for us as I think he is better than that

Totally agree.

But let's not forget he is only 22.
Plenty of time to secure his place in our starting 11.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you string a few more words together I'm sure you can do better.

Why do you do this to yourself? You are so much better than this. I hope when I'm your age I am still consistently able to show decorum and patience towards others. You are leaving a legacy on how you want to be remembered by friends, family and the community. Be the good version of you, not the bitter, pedantic old man. You owe it to yourself.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We will never win anything. Absolute rubbish. Southgate, get rid. Clueless. We need to leave UEFA and FIFA, as it is forringers ruining this great country.

In other news England top their group.

:facepalm:

I agree.

Absolutely nailed on to win the World Cup.

Look at the defeated giants, trailing in our wake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here