Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moder to score 1st and England to win 2-1 170/1

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would have settled for the draw at the start. No defeats wanted in Hungary or Poland. Mission accomplished.

Another ****ing brilliant qualifying campaign - I’m not sure on Qatar as it’s all ****ed up but the team is doing it well the last 4 years or so - one eye on the euros in Germany for me - but it’s great to see that the lads work for eachother and are together.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I honestly just love this England team - my favourite ever (96 onwards).

Really? There are a few players in this team that I've no time for at all, perhaps because Brighton have been playing against them frequently and have suffered from cheating by the likes of Maguire, Grealish, Kane and Walker, (who I loved seeing get mugged off by one of our youngsters).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
England sit back on a 1-0 again and get punished again.

Moder made up for it though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really? There are a few players in this team that I've no time for at all, perhaps because Brighton have been playing against them frequently and have suffered from cheating by the likes of Maguire, Grealish, Kane and Walker, (who I loved seeing get mugged off by one of our youngsters).

Yes - club and country just don’t touch eachother for me tbh. I hate Grealish against the Albion but he’s a top player and I like him playing for us at international level. Kane is a true gent and did exactly what Murray has done for us for years - sly etc but it was VAR fault for that. Maguire not a clue - Walker should have been sent off at Wembley against us but can’t hold any of that against them. 2 of the best tourno performances of our history and a group of players with a strong togetherness. Nothing not to like for me. I’m English and a minority on this board I admit ;)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just remember we’re English not Polish lads & lasses ffs - great to see Moder shine but not against our country. Saying that it’s not a bad result and 7 points from those 3 games - 2 very tough - is decent enough. Well done England!

I’m English but I like Moder for obvious reasons.

I actively dislike both Harry’s - Kane and Maguire.
I find Gareth Southgate totally boring and uninspiring. That has nothing to do with the notion that he’s Palace.
I have little confidence in him - when he made the two substitutions at the end of the Italy game to introduce two penalty takers I thought straight away “that’s asking for trouble”.
The football we are playing is hardly electrifying.

So I’m afraid I find the “my country, right or wrong” thing a bit difficult.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Moder is quite a player. Insanely elegant. Almost Zidane like. Getting him involved is going to make a massive difference in any progression this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another ****ing brilliant qualifying campaign - I’m not sure on Qatar as it’s all ****ed up but the team is doing it well the last 4 years or so - one eye on the euros in Germany for me - but it’s great to see that the lads work for eachother and are together.

Only Denmark have a perfect record. And that is a perfect record. No goals conceded.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only Denmark have a perfect record. And that is a perfect record. No goals conceded.

Already working on my caps for Germany - won’t be reading NSC whilst there that’s for sure :lol:

We always qualify brilliantly (well last 4 tournos or so) but only under Southgate with this group have we taken it into the tournaments - exciting times and just like the Albion in the prem playing great football, it won’t last forever so if people can’t enjoy club and country doing very well, they may as well quit football supporting :shrug: Honest assessment :O:O:O

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yes, such an achievement beating the likes of Andorra, Albania and San Marino.

I know you have nothing bad to say about this England squad and Southgate, but christ I wish we'd stop being so defence first minded and sitting back on leads. We're better than that. We should be anything but dull to watch with the squad we have, yet we often are still. (yes I know we reached a semi and a final last two tournaments).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Moder is quite a player. Insanely elegant. Almost Zidane like. Getting him involved is going to make a massive difference in any progression this season.

I really like Moder, but I think “almost Zidane like” is stretching it a bit……….

……… but I do tend to think that Zizou is the greatest player the planet has ever seen……. Or any other planet, for that matter.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I really like Moder, but I think “almost Zidane like” is stretching it a bit……….

……… but I do tend to think that Zizou is the greatest player the planet has ever seen……. Or any other planet, for that matter.

ZZ the greatest ever?! Now you’re stretching it!

Moder is really exciting though. I was surprised to read Potter’s comments recently that he see’s him as a CB option as I think he offers too much going forward. But I suppose it does highlight what a good all round player he is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, such an achievement beating the likes of Andorra, Albania and San Marino.

I know you have nothing bad to say about this England squad and Southgate, but christ I wish we'd stop being so defence first minded and sitting back on leads. We're better than that. We should be anything but dull to watch with the squad we have, yet we often are still. (yes I know we reached a semi and a final last two tournaments).

You saw Hungary at the euros and what they can do though right? And Poland aren’t bad - Albania aren’t either. Yes, we should top the group but we’ve done this constantly for the past 4 or 5 tournos - since Steve Macs balls up. I will always say it how I see it - not nothing bad - but the tone of NSC to England always makes me fight against it as it’s absolutely mental and ridiculous for me!

Far too many muppets celebrating a goal against England on here which is totally silly - so gonna now out and remind myself not to open NSC England threads again as they’re weird and negative as **** and never happy tbh… follow England awaaaaay :thumbsup:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Already working on my caps for Germany - won’t be reading NSC whilst there that’s for sure :lol:

We always qualify brilliantly (well last 4 tournos or so) but only under Southgate with this group have we taken it into the tournaments - exciting times and just like the Albion in the prem playing great football, it won’t last forever so if people can’t enjoy club and country doing very well, they may as well quit football supporting :shrug: Honest assessment :O:O:O

This is exactly where I am at the moment, enjoying every minute of watching club and country after decades of mediocrity. Although I have to admit that if Albion continue to finish 15th-17th then I will probably start to lose interest a bit and gravitate more towards non-league stuff. The beauty of our rise to the Premier League was in the sheer variety of places and grounds we got to visit, and the relatively high proportion of wins to losses. The only thing left on my Brighton to-do list now is to win something (unlikely) and/or have a European adventure. Probably comes across as a little ungrateful....!

I'll probably give Qatar a miss, although I've not competely ruled it out, but I am doing my best to stay near the top of the loyalty points list to guarantee tickets for Germany 2024. I've also got half an eye on USA/Canada/Mexico 2026.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here