Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moder Injury

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How did you come to that assessment?

Looked like the tackle made his leg go sideways against the knee joint which tends to tear/stretch the medial.

mcl-clin-pics.jpeg

*edit* No medical knowledge, just done it myself playing amateur football and Mrs Wz did it skiing :wink:

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure, but from the North it looked like it may be the medial ligament which isn't generally as bad as the cruciate (fingers crossed)

How on earth could you tell what the nature of his injury was from your seat, (sorry standing position), in the North Stand? especially as to whether it was a cruciate or medial ligament. The incident happened towards the south east corner of the pitch did it not? so are you blessed with extroadinary eyesight? or did you smuggle in a pair of binoculars? :)

Anyway good luck Jakub, hope you can recover in time to be part of the Poland World Cup squad.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
All about load……..played a hard game midweek….

Staggered that they tried to take him around the pitch when he was very clearly unable to put any weight at all on his leg, and eventually got the stretcher anyway. Pisspoor from the medical team.

It’s very strange. For a team that is generally regarded as being well run, all of a sudden we don’t seem to be getting much right. Feels like we really need the close season and a major reset.

Dreadful luck for Moder. Feel absolutely desperate for him.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
How on earth could you tell what the nature of his injury was from your seat, (sorry standing position), in the North Stand? especially as to whether it was a cruciate or medial ligament. The incident happened towards the south east corner of the pitch did it not? so are you blessed with extroadinary eyesight? or did you smuggle in a pair of binoculars? :)

Anyway good luck Jakub, hope you can recover in time to be part of the Poland World Cup squad.

We DO have a disproportionate number of orthopaedic experts amidst our posting fraternity.

As you say, wishing Moder all the best.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm a good guesser (hopefully for Jakub's sake) :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will probably join Lallana and Webster on the treatment table (Bissouma on gardenng leave) until the end of the season. Just have to look on the bright side and appreciate how lucky we are that Mwepu and Sarmiento survived until the final whistle!
:(

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will probably join Lallana and Webster on the treatment table (Bissouma on gardenng leave) until the end of the season. Just have to look on the bright side and appreciate how lucky we are that Mwepu and Sarmiento survived until the final whistle!
:(

Afraid it’s going to be a lot longer than that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Polish media now saying its the ACL. Sad for him, thought he was going to have his big breakthrough next season.

Gutting. And I really couldn't believe they walked him halfway round the pitch on it. Summed up a day of general incompetence

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gutting. And I really couldn't believe they walked him halfway round the pitch on it. Summed up a day of general incompetence

I’m a consultant orthonologist and it won’t have made it any worse - the ligament doesn’t actually impact your ability to bare weight, so actually carefully walking round supported was no bad thing if he wasn’t in too much discomfort to do that, which he seemed happy to do initially. But you know, another stick and all that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m a consultant orthonologist and it won’t have made it any worse - the ligament doesn’t actually impact your ability to bare weight, so actually carefully walking round supported was no bad thing if he wasn’t in too much discomfort to do that, which he seemed happy to do initially. But you know, another stick and all that.

Whatever. I got my medical expertise from the university of Facebook.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Love these expert posts 😀

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

Why would someone who studies birds know about ACL injuries ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here