Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mod weekender - traffic question

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't think I could stand there and watch Foxton et al, after seeing the real deal there a handful of times in the early eighties :smugIwastheresmilie:

Saw them quite a few times too, but I saw this lot in the Concorde 2 after an Albion game before and it was pretty intense. Saw Secret Affair too in the New Regent 'back in the day', excellent stuff.
If I wasn't busy elsewhere, might well have given it a go.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Saw them quite a few times too, but I saw this lot in the Concorde 2 after an Albion game before and it was pretty intense. Saw Secret Affair too in the New Regent 'back in the day', excellent stuff.
If I wasn't busy elsewhere, might well have given it a go.

I think you have just answered something that has bothered me for a little while :) Was The New Regent a place on the left as you go down near the bottom of West Street? I seem to remember there was some velvet and wagon wheels (off carts, rather than the chocolate covered mallow biscuity thangs!) used in the decor ??? Might be miles wide of the mark though?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I think you have just answered something that has bothered me for a little while :) Was The New Regent a place on the left as you go down near the bottom of West Street? I seem to remember there was some velvet and wagon wheels (off carts, rather than the chocolate covered mallow biscuity thangs!) used in the decor ??? Might be miles wide of the mark though?

Can confirm the location, where you said, an 'intimate' place where the 16 year old me was almost deafened by Ian Page & Co (great stuff)...and I may be miles out but support of Jump in Your Datsun rings a bell. No idea on the decor though :(

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I just watched the Mod thing. No sign of Sue Barker.

That was great fun.

Warfare? A bit of a storm in a teacup, really. Innocent times, and brilliant seeing the old footage of our wonderful city.

I couldn't find it! :tantrum:

Screenshot from 2014-08-22 21:10:24.png

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I nearly saw The Who perform live in Hassocks. This doesn't make me a mod, but it does make me old.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
I think that was the New Barn. We used to go down there on our scooters in the sixties and saw the Faces down there, when they were the Small Faces. Oh dear, so long ago...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Amateur in smug, BrightonTop Rank 1977

Nice one :)

The gigography in the Direction Reaction Creation box-set gives their first Brighton gig as being at the Embassy Cinema along Western Road in '77, which shows my age, as I remember seeing films there back in the day :)

I started work in August '78, and the first album I bought as a 16yo was All Mod Cons, and my first ever gig was The Jam at the Dome on The Apocalypse Tour in the November...

Happy daze :)

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Nice one :)

The gigography in the Direction Reaction Creation box-set gives their first Brighton gig as being at the Embassy Cinema along Western Road in '77, which shows my age, as I remember seeing films there back in the day :)

I started work in August '78, and the first album I bought as a 16yo was All Mod Cons, and my first ever gig was The Jam at the Dome on The Apocalypse Tour in the November...

Happy daze :)

The Brighton Top Rank Gig was an edgy affair. There were a line of punks at the edge of the stage gobbing on Weller, he stopped the gig a few times because of this. Was more of a Who fan then so went along to see what the new Mod craze was. Probably did not appreciate the occasion as much as I should have because of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here