Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOBO Awards

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I do agree with all of that. I just think in these pc days, it's easy for people to jump on an awards show referring to the ethenticity of the participants.

Certainly there would be hell on if there was a mowo awards...sad though that is.

As just pointed out, it doesn't. It's a Music of Black ORIGIN not music played by black people.

TBH I haven't seen the show in years, but to illustrate that point, I remember (a really long time ago) the winner of the drum and bass category (it's roots in black British music quite obvious) : Adam F.

I see no problem with the name.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
would it?

How about Kraftwerk and the numerous bands that followed

Very good call!

Still think, as a name, there's nothing wrong with it, and is something that should be celebrated. Just not by a shitty back slapping awards show as it seems it has become.

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Asian cricketer awards

Why? Won this year by Moenn Ali and the first winner. Totally unnecessary. Wisden selects the 5 cricketers of the year and does so purely on achievement. Surely awards like this do more harm than good. Cricketers are just that and not black, Asian or white. Just cricketers. Sent by a Liberal Councillor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here