Mobile Phones and Driving.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
will the future of job interviews be by texting :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Initial selection is already by an online test and 'personality profile' in many cases. What a lot of candidates fail to realise is that social media searches are also undertaken.......so those pictures the candidate (purely hypothetically of course) posted of themselves luzzing chairs at the French might not sit well in their overall job application.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a lot of candidates fail to realise is that social media searches are also undertaken.......so those pictures the candidate posted of themselves luzzing chairs might not sit well in their overall job application.

Unless of course they're applying for a job as YODEL delivery driver.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not being sexist here but the difference in the sexes using phones is proof that women can't help but talk, gossip, need to know what's going on and tell everyone else what's going on.
Every day whilst driving around the city if I need to turn into a road I have to think that person ( usually a woman) is not going stop at the kerb because she is using her phone so I have to give way while she crosses, the car behind me thinks I am going to turn into a clear road and nearly hits the back of me.
Dodging women in the streets because they are on the phone, texting/Facebook while sitting in traffic, traffic moves on but they don't and the light goes red again.
Makes my piss boil.

Run them down then at 10mph. Bruise their ego and knock some sense into them. They are in the wrong not you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Run them down then at 10mph. Bruise their ego and knock some sense into them. They are in the wrong not you.

Trouble is, once you hit them, it's you that has committed a traffic offence. There's a hostel near me, by a busy road, with an off licence on the other side; residents frequently just walk across the road, regardless of traffic, which has to slow down and stop as they wander across. Like it's their road and the world owes it to them to slow down and stop. Would love to be able to give some of them a gentle nudge too, but it would be my clean driving record that would suffer.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Can we go back to some kind of fitting punishment ? I run with 28 day ban if you drive within that period One Year Ban plus no fine or points but £500 donation to a charity of your choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here