Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mobile phone zombies

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If I'm on my bike and people walk out in front of me then I make a point of slamming my back brake on to scare the crap out of them.
If I'm walking then I always do the decent thing, I drop my shoulder for that bit of extra stability and I walk straight into them.

Although I met my match with this uber hench school girl not so long ago, she nearly spun me a full 180 degrees! What a beast.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
When I'm running I see loads of what I call '5 o'clock phone zombies' usually I run at them until close when a good 'wake up!' Or 'hello!' Seems to wake them up. A phone will get smashed? It's only a matter of time.

Agreed women are worse for it. Usually scrolling down the daily mail on line celebrity bollocks bit. See ad below !!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If I'm on my bike and people walk out in front of me then I make a point of slamming my back brake on to scare the crap out of them.
If I'm walking then I always do the decent thing, I drop my shoulder for that bit of extra stability and I walk straight into them.

Although I met my match with this uber hench school girl not so long ago, she nearly spun me a full 180 degrees! What a beast.

Got a BELL have you???? Cyclists:mad:constantly being nearly run over on the pavements-RANT OVER!!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No worse than bike riding mongs who think they own the road I was turning left the other day and the Lycra clad clown thought it would be a smart move to over take me on the left and then had the audacity to start shouting at me because I almost clipped him :facepalm:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I tend to give the zombie a wide birth, however if I saw HKFC walking towards me on his phone I would maintain my line with my arm extended straight in front of me at 90 degrees with my fist clenched! [emoji1]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Absolutely this.

On this topic, why is it that about 95% of young women especially have a mobile phone permanently attached to their hand - does it grow in their palm at puberty?!

It's as if modern women can't walk or even breath if they're not chatting or texting. I don't see blokes constantly clutching or yapping on their phones all day - they put them in their pocket or bag when not using them (I know I certainly do).

Also, most of these women now seem to walk around all day with their phone in the upturned, outstretched palm of their hand - what is that about; is it simply to show everyone that they've got a phone, in order to convey how 'cool' they are? It is 'fashion'.

The other thing I've noticed is when a woman is in a pub with her partner; you can guarantee that the second he goes to the bar or the toilet, she'll whip her phone out and frantically scroll down her screen for two minutes? Why? What is so important?

No, I hate mobile phone addicts with a vengeance; these tossers can't live for the moment, or watch a band, or simply talk with their mates/partner/family when they are out anywhere; their faces are constantly buried in their stupid little screens.

Endured an awful 90 minute train journey last week; three screaming, bored, restless toddlers - yet the parents were oblivious to their kids (and the annoyance they were causing to the rest of the carriage), because mummy and daddy were permanently looking down at their phones for the whole time; nothing else existed except the pretty likkle screen in the palm of their hand. I wish their phones had made them sterile.

Goes off to lie-down in a darkened room...............

I liked that.

Personally, I have no idea how many texts and phone calls you can make in one day? It seems a vast population out there are at it constantly.

As for walking/texting/talking I have difficulty just walking so the phone stays firmly in the pocket!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here