Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mobile phone upgrade

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
My contract is due and I have been offered the Samsung Soul or the Sony C902.

Anyone had any experience of either of these phones?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
My contract is due and I have been offered the Samsung Soul or the Sony C902.

Anyone had any experience of either of these phones?

I got the Sony 2 weeks ago and its the best phone i've had, far better than the Nokia N95 I had before that.
I compared it to the Samsung but the Sony seemed and felt far superior and I'm sure I made the right choice.
I'd had Nokias for years before this and felt like a change. I'll be sticking with Sony Ericsson in the future I think.

Scanny

I got the Sony 2 weeks ago and its the best phone i've had, far better than the Nokia N95 I had before that.
I compared it to the Samsung but the Sony seemed and felt far superior and I'm sure I made the right choice.
I'd had Nokias for years before this and felt like a change. I'll be sticking with Sony Ericsson in the future I think.

What did you dislike about the N95?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
What did you dislike about the N95?

Too bulky. Kept freezing or crashing. Difficult to navigate and generally not as user-friendly as previous Nokias and certainly not as user-friendly as the Sony Ericsson C902. Its just so much sleeker and nicer quality feeling to use, hold and navigate

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I like Sony Ericssons too - though in my experience they are particularly unreliable.. having said that, pretty much every phone I've owned has broken so that maybe more to do with me!!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
the samsung soul is very quiet....dont always hear it when it rings

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I very recently got the C902 on a free upgrade. Had it for a week now.

Positives so far:

- v. good looking,
- slim design (sturdy metal feel though),
- display v. good,
- S/W easy to use (sync to email simplest I've come across),
- camera v. good (5Mp),
- screen hosts touch sensitive icons when in media mode (v. cool) and means no fiddling for buttons when taking pics,

Negatives so far:

- Has had one funny fit (started running very slow then turned itself off, restarted itself after 1 minute),
- battery life poor (IMHO).

Rating thus far: 8/10

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Go to Reviews of Televisions, Mobile Phones, Washing Machines and more at Reevoo for independant reviews of mobile phones.
For example, I was offered a Sony W580i and discovered from reviews that it has a MAJOR fault on the keys, with every other review saying that their casing had broken very quickly.
If you are renewing your contract, shop around for what others are offering so even if you have NO intention of changing supplier - you can say "this is what Vodaphone are offering me, can you match it?"
I did this yesterday, here's what happened.
Currently on a £30 a month contract, getting 200 mins and 200 texts (poor, but I got big cashback). Vodaphone are currently offering the K850i for £30 per month, with unlimited texts, 600 minutes (10 hours), free bluetooth headset with voucher code, first 3 months half price (£15) and £130 instant cashback through quidco. That's very good value.
On ringing carphone warehouse (where I'm with O2) and telling them they had to match it or I would move supplier, I got the same minutes and texts, but also with free unlimited web access and enough cashback to make my contract just £11.66 a month, but with no free phone (which is fine, because I'm happy with mine) - or with a phone (as above or similar), it would be £23 a month.

Also, if they dont offer you a great deal, ask to speak to the cancellations/pac code department, who are authorised to give better deals to keep you as a customer rather than lose you!

Hope this helps.
Paula

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here