Moat Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
All his relatives are no coming out of the woodwork and people have started leaving flowers outside his house. They all claim that they could have "talked him down" - but the best one is his uncle who said that he would go "if they sent a car to get him" - so, no fear of him getting his arse out of the chair and arranging his own transport then? They will all be shouting "police coverup" and "brutality" and demanding sackings and compensation soon. He shot and killed one person, injured two others and now he's dead. That's pretty much a 1-all draw, can we now just get on with people who actually matter in life?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
All his relatives are no coming out of the woodwork and people have started leaving flowers outside his house. They all claim that they could have "talked him down" - but the best one is his uncle who said that he would go "if they sent a car to get him" - so, no fear of him getting his arse out of the chair and arranging his own transport then? They will all be shouting "police coverup" and "brutality" and demanding sackings and compensation soon. He shot and killed one person, injured two others and now he's dead. That's pretty much a 1-all draw, can we now just get on with people who actually matter in life?

pumped up , roid deranged , pschyco's are a very important part of contempary
northern life.......don't ya know. i await the findings of the enquiry with bated breath:whistle:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I reckon he was executed and it was always on the cards. After all the plod were after their pound of flesh.

Questions

why were reporters kept at bay when in Afghanistan they go on patroll with the troops?

Who was the copper screwing his girlfriend?

Apparently he was arrested 10 times without charge prior to his conviction.

Why were the top coppers laughing and calling him a nutter on the telly?

Why wasn't he shot with a tranquiliser dart at sundown?

Why were so many of his mates willing to help him if he was just a crazy case?

His relative says there were no signs of tazer use in the coroners report.

Scumbag he maybe but I thought he was dead meat as soon as he shot a copper.

1. - Because the embedded reporters are actually trained to form part of the patrol in which they are embedded, are dressed for the occasion and are not there in a situation where they will cause more trouble than they are worth. Which reporter would have been chosen to go forward? You can't simply arrange the insurance and waivers, supply the body armour and training for people who normally report on sports days rather then conflicts.

2. There was no copper screwing his girlfriend. She has already admitted to saying that so that he would come out of prison and leave her alone - she thought that the threat of the police would keep him at bay.

3. Not sure where that has come from, but as a bouncer with a steroid habit and a bit of a criminal past, you can probably see why he got picked up a few times.

4. Because they were unprofessional and stupid, but it's hardly a hanging offence. And they were not calling him a nutter but reading out a card. But yes, I see you point on that one.

5. Because it takes time to come into effect, you cannot work out a dose that is either safe or effective without knowing what he has already taken. As a steroid user and possible schizophrenic, it would have been guesswork. He could have surrendered, but he may have tipped over into a full on rampage.

6. Have you seen his mates?

7. His relative has a full report do they? And they are a training coroner? Another Northern Monkey trying to screw the price of a few wraps out of the press by making claims. The tazer marks are tiny cuts, not huge great electric arcing scars. The tazer has a couple of barbs that stick in - that is the only mark that would be there.

The police have made f*** ups, they acknowledge that, but they were dealing with a nutter who had a history of violence and steroid abuse, one that had shot people, made threats to kill and was still holding out in the hostage scenario whilst holding at least one weapon. Lesson learnt, move on and see how they deal with the next one.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
pumped up , roid deranged , pschyco's are a very important part of contempary
northern life.......don't ya know. i await the findings of the enquiry with bated breath:whistle:

I watched a programme on Discovery this morning that proved Crippen was NOT guilty for the crime he was hanged for, and it was pretty conclusive that it was a "fit up" by the police, so it's been going on for years by the police :shrug:

Because there was so much publicity over Crippens alledged crime, the then Homeoffice Minister (a very young Winston Churchill) wanted it dealt with swiftly, so the police were under a lot of pressure to get the crime solved.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Some of your points are good such as 2. Your answer to 1 is very inadequate and no I haven't seen his mates. I thought pill popping meat heads just loved themselves?

TBH Moat is not the sort of person i want to defend, I'm just veiwing the bill with my jaundiced gaze.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I watched a programme on Discovery this morning that proved Crippen was NOT guilty for the crime he was hanged for, and it was pretty conclusive that it was a "fit up" by the police, so it's been going on for years by the police :shrug:

Because there was so much publicity over Crippens alledged crime, the then Homeoffice Minister (a very young Winston Churchill) wanted it dealt with swiftly, so the police were under a lot of pressure to get the crime solved.

I watched a programme which tried to persuade people that a bunch of con artists were in fact talking to the dead and wandering around haunted buildings - but it still didn't make me think that I would be talking to my dead Auntie f***ing Gertrude any time soon.

Which part of "steroid using criminal armed with a shotgun, already killed one and almost killed another" is causing us problems here? More oxygen for the rest of us, I don't really give a shit if the police slipped on a trigger considering he was armed and dangerous.

I should imagine that as the only report that will come out of this will be from the people on the scene who stood an outside chance of coming face to face with the business end of a shotgun and took the action that was necessary, it will show that there were failings.

As for quoting from criminal convictions back in centuries gone past, f*** me, they were wedging children up chimneys to clean them - life moves on. In addition, the claim that DNA casts doubt on his conviction was made by American television companies and it has been challenged. The Criminal Cases Review Commission have already said that the "evidence" provided by the TV company is so tenuous as to not have any chance of reopening the case. Remind me again where you saw the programme.....

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Some of your points are good such as 2. Your answer to 1 is very inadequate and no I haven't seen his mates. I thought pill popping meat heads just loved themselves?

TBH Moat is not the sort of person i want to defend, I'm just veiwing the bill with my jaundiced gaze.

Sorry, the main point of 1 is that the hysterical reporters on the scene would have cut each other's throats to get to the scene of the crime and none of them are actually reporters that would have had any training of what to do in the event of the incident evolving - they would have been a danger to themselves and to others.

His mates (those we have seen so far) have all been criminals with convictions for assault, affray, supply and use of drugs, etc. Their sense of loyalty would have been to him and not society. Have a look at the plethora of Facebook pages which have sprung up - many of them almost making him out to be some sort of folk hero. When people have such displaced loyalty and values, people like Moat are going to be able to get help and assistance.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes but its not impossible to train reporters or let them veiw the scene out of range. The first report said many shots were fired, this didn't help convince me of a straight up suicide.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I watched a programme which tried to persuade people that a bunch of con artists were in fact talking to the dead and wandering around haunted buildings - but it still didn't make me think that I would be talking to my dead Auntie f***ing Gertrude any time soon.

Which part of "steroid using criminal armed with a shotgun, already killed one and almost killed another" is causing us problems here? More oxygen for the rest of us, I don't really give a shit if the police slipped on a trigger considering he was armed and dangerous.

I should imagine that as the only report that will come out of this will be from the people on the scene who stood an outside chance of coming face to face with the business end of a shotgun and took the action that was necessary, it will show that there were failings.

As for quoting from criminal convictions back in centuries gone past, f*** me, they were wedging children up chimneys to clean them - life moves on. In addition, the claim that DNA casts doubt on his conviction was made by American television companies and it has been challenged. The Criminal Cases Review Commission have already said that the "evidence" provided by the TV company is so tenuous as to not have any chance of reopening the case. Remind me again where you saw the programme.....

If you do get to speak to your Auntie Gertrude, pass on my best wishes won't you.......

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
If you do get to speak to your Auntie Gertrude, pass on my best wishes won't you.......

She says your Dad isn't your Dad and you should have been sending Father's Day cards to the milkman instead.

Then again, as a moderator we have to question whether you have a dad at all.....:whistle:

franks brother

2pt7ax3.jpg

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
He didn't kill himself, the police killed him they just won't tell us.

Not quite. He was distracted by Shergar running past and his finger slipped. Then the aliens came down and swapped his body for Amelia Earhart, and silently made everyone North of Watford remove the tinfoil from their heads.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oh dear god it has started. couple of numpties saying "it shouldnt have ended this way" and " he was a good sort"... no he was a f***ing killer. the brother... yeah, you could get anyone to give you a lift up there? whatever. questioning the tasers use, the alternative is shoot him in the f***ing head.

what is it, people were critising police for not doing enough to find him, now get it when he shoots himself. i really dont see what they are supposed to do better, or why people want to get on their back about this? cocks saying the police will cover it up... why whould they lie about how it ends? why the hell is this killer going to become idolised across the North East as some folk hero? i think we really have a f***ed up society.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He killed and I am not going to condone that. However I try not to judge anyone unless I have walked in their shoes first. Who knows what anyone is capable of when they perceive their whole world has fallen apart.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
oh dear god it has started. couple of numpties saying "it shouldnt have ended this way" and " he was a good sort"... no he was a f***ing killer. the brother... yeah, you could get anyone to give you a lift up there? whatever. questioning the tasers use, the alternative is shoot him in the f***ing head.

what is it, people were critising police for not doing enough to find him, now get it when he shoots himself. i really dont see what they are supposed to do better, or why people want to get on their back about this? cocks saying the police will cover it up... why whould they lie about how it ends? why the hell is this killer going to become idolised across the North East as some folk hero? i think we really have a f***ed up society.

I guess he did what many people would consider doing in their darkest dreams.

Some bloke is f***ing your woman whilst you are in jail, you come out and shoot him.

He became an anti hero as he took on and took the piss out of a whole county of coppers and then depending on reports carried out what he said he would do by throwing a 7. The fact he did this and did not meakly get taken into a police wagon will ensure some people see him as some sort of anti hero. Not right I guess but that is the way it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports