Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaners v gloaters

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I think maybe you are looking to instaban the wrong ones.

Theres always going to be a rival who has a little laugh at your expense, but Albion fans whinging about the season you are having ? FFS it beggars belief.

Don't they realise that you are 18 months into what could be the best few years Brighton have in decades ?
How are you going to enjoy anything in life let alone football if you are moaning when you should be on cloud 9 ?

As another poster said a point away at Millwall isnt so bad, just like I would personally have taken a point at home to Bristol tonight, 3 points ? fcuking magic.

A change of keeper and a bit of confidence and you will be back on it.

Last edited:

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
To be honest there are too many moaners on this site and it creates negativity. But you have to look at the amount of games we've been ahead and then mucked it up, probably more than the whole of last season!! I just hope we finish in front of palace at the end of the season and I'll be happy.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
To be honest there are too many moaners on this site and it creates negativity. But you have to look at the amount of games we've been ahead and then mucked it up, probably more than the whole of last season!! I just hope we finish in front of palace at the end of the season and I'll be happy.

Well yeah I see what you are saying but why set your standards by us ? you would be happy with 18th if we come 19th ? Flattering ... :)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
You're actually a decent Palace fan, and I applaud you for that. I agree with you too. I really wish I could take myself out of looking at past results more often and look at the bigger picture to see how much of a good situation we're in right now. I think the problem is we and the team set us up for a massive fall; playing outstandingly in August, beating Sunderland, holding our own against Liverpool. The way we played looked unstoppable and we got ideas into our heads (including mine) that we'd overachieve by a mile this season. But the reality has set in that a) our style of play isn't unstoppable by any means and b) we are missing players in key positions.

But I do agree. When all's said and done, this is a fantastic time to be a Brighton fan, and we really do have to savour it before it's over.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
You're actually a decent Palace fan, and I applaud you for that. I agree with you too. I really wish I could take myself out of looking at past results more often and look at the bigger picture to see how much of a good situation we're in right now. I think the problem is we and the team set us up for a massive fall; playing outstandingly in August, beating Sunderland, holding our own against Liverpool. The way we played looked unstoppable and we got ideas into our heads (including mine) that we'd overachieve by a mile this season. But the reality has set in that a) our style of play isn't unstoppable by any means and b) we are missing players in key positions.

But I do agree. When all's said and done, this is a fantastic time to be a Brighton fan, and we really do have to savour it before it's over.

Thanks.
I think its just confidence, the last 10 mins against us took the wind out of your sails, fans and players, I said then that Brighton have to put it behind them as it could kill their season otherwise. I think you are capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone in this league. personally I hope you do well, nice to see a club on the up. and beating you at your place was one of my best nights in 35 odd years of football so I dont want to see you going down :)

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

Theres always going to be a rival who has a little laugh at your expense, but Albion fans whinging about the season you are having ? FFS it beggars belief.

Don't they realise that you are 18 months into what could be the best few years Brighton have in decades ?
How are you going to enjoy anything in life let alone football if you are moaning when you should be on cloud 9 ?

As another poster said a point away at Millwall isnt so bad, just like I would personally have taken a point at home to Bristol tonight, 3 points ? fcuking magic.

Totally agree, far too much moaning on here.... I'm loving this season although it's had it's ups & downs (that's football for ya)
Nice to get a decent post from a palace supporter aswell

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh my days. Not only being owned on and off the pitch on 27/9/11 but now being patronised by a CPFC fan. This really does take the biscuit.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I agree with the OP. Gloating on an opponents message board is all part and parcel these days. We have plenty who whould do the same.

The WUMs and moaners are what makes this board so intolerable at times. I think the modding needs to focus more on this area, IMHO

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would rather they took the piss than were condescending or patronising which this chap clearly is. We don't want their sympathy or pity.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair Sir Nigel and Croydonbloke and back in the day SJLM and even Little Al (most of the time) are decent Palace fans who come on here :clap:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

I never thought I would say this to you, but I agree with every single word you have written. There are some real fickle fans amongst our lot. But there are also people who's expectations are far too high and unrealistic.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How do we know you are not a gloater?

A what?

A Gloater. Can we come in for a gloat they say...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair Sir Nigel and Croydonbloke and back in the day SJLM and even Little Al (most of the time) are decent Palace fans who come on here :clap:

I know there are plenty of decent Palace fans but would they be so objective if we had thrashed them at the Amex ?. I fear not.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

Ban them all,same as what the mods do on Palace forum.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sir Nigel has always been a sound poster in my opinion.

This place is getting worse with the negative views on everything. Threads like that SamueJ twat or whatever his name are just pathetic. Mid table is a great achievement and being such a competitive league we can rise and fall a number of places pretty quickly. Being 2 points off 2nd place despite not winning for 6 games is testament to that.

We will get better again and we will go through more spells of not winning. As long as we don't get sucked down to the bottom, this season will be a success. We will strengthen again in the summer and next season will be in a much better position to make a go of challenging for promotion/playoffs.

To get promoted this season would be a bad thing in my view, we need time to assemble a quality squad and get them gelled and able to cope with most styles of play before we should seriously think about making another (rather large) step up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Agree with that.

:thumbsup:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
fek enjoy championship football..its got a lot going for it...as has this team

Quite right. For a short period last night our play was superb - just a shame we didn't create more chances and bury Millwall out of sight. My rant at the midfield on the Ankergren thread last night was largely out of frustration at the grief he was getting on here after a superb first half. The comforting thing is that the faults can be ironed out, unlike under Coppell and McGhee when we were attempting to compete on a completely unequal footing.

And despite their obvious WUM usernames, 26-10-02 and 5 Zero usually seem fairly decent types. Brighton Rock was a top bloke (haven't seen him post on here for a while - met him on one of the marches wearing his Palace kit), and the Seagulleater was a good lad too. In contrast to prats like eagles1 and his like. Still, I guess a few of our idiots post on the BBS.

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I wouldn't get too bothered by the moaners on here, the couple of hundred (if that?) regular posters on here are just a selection of the 20000 fans we pack into the Amex, they are not necessarily the representative views of most Albion fans or even the majority in many cases much like the handful of supposed palace nobbers that come on here spewing nonsense are just a few of the 11 or 12 thousand palace fans. They do all shag their sisters though, that we have to accept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here