Moaners - Paul Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
is it now a bit clearer to you why Tony Bloom has employed Paul Barber?

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Does it have something to do with this?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I spoke to Mr Barber before the match. Seems very determined about where he wants the club heading. He mentioned it is simply not worth having electronic ad boards in this league as they cost £1m to install but would be going in if we get to the prem. He also said he needs to have a very thick skin.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
to get the club's finances in order for FFP after the spending frenzy under the stewardship of Perry and Brown perhaps?

I don't know but i trust TB

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I don't blame barber at all but with no sign of players wages decreasing I can't help but feel fans are going to be plugging the gaps in clubs finances in order to pass FFP

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't blame barber at all but with no sign of players wages decreasing I can't help but feel fans are going to be plugging the gaps in clubs finances in order to pass FFP

I guess it's that or pay lesser wages for lesser players.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
is it now a bit clearer to you why Tony Bloom has employed Paul Barber?
What constitutes a 'moaner'? If you mean all those dullards who keep asking where all the new signings are then yes, hopefully it is a bit clearer. Also hopefully there will be no more new signings this window (assuming Ulloa is a done deal) and to help balance the books hopefully we can unload a few players for decent fees.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Did you get the impression he doesn't give a stuff what the fans think as long as the club is making as much money as possible?

Not really no. I do however get the impression he wants to get to grip of the reality of the cash we are losing. I got the impression he is only interested in getting the cash flowing but i did give him a cheeky reminder not to push it though, all i got from that was a wink and a one word "Sure" reply

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not really no. I do however get the impression he wants to get to grip of the reality of the cash we are losing. I got the impression he is only interested in getting the cash flowing but i did give him a cheeky reminder not to push it though, all i got from that was a wink and a one word "Sure" reply

good call - let's give him a chance before blaming him for everything

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What a wank tissue of a thread.

We ALL know why Barber has been brought in. Lets not blow this £8 million thing out off proportion until we've seen the accounts. I'm sure a lot of the cost is the fact were still BUILDING the stadium and other one-off costs.

Jesus, patronising much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports