Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah

el punal

Probably been done to death, but why do the Brits go so overboard about him ? He was born in Somalia and lives in Oregon. Same can be said about some of our cricket and rugby teams (judging by accents in interviews)..........the hysteria about awards gets on my **** , how about the equestrian team ........oh, not such spectacular sports !

Are you Donald Trump's special envoy to Great Britain?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I believe he's not only a magnificent athlete but a lovely human being, with great values. We should feel blessed that he chooses to be British...especially when there are thousands of Brits I wish were claiming to be Somalian. :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Don't forget, he's also a muslim as well as being a black immigrant.

He is the far rights worst nightmare, a very popular, top bloke who is the most successful athlete, ever to represent our country.
I love him

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't forget, he's also a muslim as well as being a black immigrant.

He is the far rights worst nightmare, a very popular, top bloke who is the most successful athlete, ever to represent our country.
I love him

why is the fact that he was born in Somalia make any difference? He moved here as a child and quite clearly considers himself British and is very proud to represent our, and his, nation. You mention accents- Farah clearly has a London accent. As for 'living' in Oregon, that's where he trains. Would you rather he alters his complete training regime to suit you?

I suspect the reason why people go 'overboard' about him is because he's really successful in an event that we're traditionally not that great in and seems like a pretty decent bloke

All of this. Mo consistently and repeatedly states how proud he is to be considered British. We're lucky to have him. The Oregon connection is irrelevant, that's just where he trains (and again, listen to him - all he talks about is missing his (British) kids).

Only issue is he supports Arsenal............

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It's Somalian rather than British biology in terms of his athletic ability and that's where it falls down for me. Good luck to him, great guy but it never really feels like a British victory. That's biological fact, not racism/xenophobia.

Sorry but that statement beggars belief, my wife was born in this country and is patriotically as British as you get yet she is born of foreign parents. Does that mean because her Biology isn't British origin she can never be??

What is British Biology anyway? There has been so much immigration in to this country and out of this country...it sounds like you are getting in to Aryan race territory here.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Such a weird thread.

Oct 25, 2003
Sorry but that statement beggars belief, my wife was born in this country and is patriotically as British as you get yet she is born of foreign parents. Does that mean because her Biology isn't British origin she can never be?!

What is British Biology anyway? There has been so much immigration in to this country and out of this country...it sounds like you are getting in to Aryan race territory here?!

quite. I wonder how a lack of 'british biology' is important when it comes to our countless athletes in a wide variety of sports who originate from the caribbean/west africa- areas that are clearly proficient in producing quick runners. Are they allowed to be British?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mo says he is proud to be British, he grew up here and is representing this country so no problem.... plenty of England cricketers have been born abroad and are proud to represent England....Ted Dexter, Bob Woolmer, Devon Malcolm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here