Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB 2024 Season

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Caught the last two innings of the Nats gubbing the Giants 8-1 this morning. Only two games away from .500, a pleasantly gutsy start to the season for Washington.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I am putting together a proposal for a three day Baseball film festival around the 2025 London Series.

Be good to get some mainstream and obscure Film / TV suggestions Baseball related.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I am putting together a proposal for a three day Baseball film festival around the 2025 London Series.

Be good to get some mainstream and obscure Film / TV suggestions Baseball related.
"50 Summers" is a great docu-film about the Omaha Storm Chasers minor league team, and their 50th season opening weekend buildup.

Also, "The Battered Bastards of Baseball", which is about the independent Single A team started by Kurt Russell's dad in the '70s.

"42", (the Jackie Robinson story) is a brilliant movie, starring Harrison Ford, and the late Chadwick Boseman.

Then, you have the usual suspects like: A League of their Own, The Babe, Million Dollar Arm, Moneyball, The Sandlot, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, For Love of the Game, The Rookie, Major League etc.

All great movies

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It's basically competitive net practice. Helps the pitchers build up their stamina...
So what does everyone make of the rash of injuries that have plagued pitchers through the opening games of the season? A lot of it being blamed on the shortened pitch clock, but I cant believe that is the sole reason so many pitchers are going down hurt so early...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just tuned into The Nat'nals out in SF.
When I started watching they were 1-0 up in the bottom of the second..

It's now the top of the 3rd.
SF are up 3-1 there's been 5 (?) stolen bases and a successful bunt.

I might stay with it a little longer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I arrived late to the Marlins v Nat'nals, missing the Marlins 6 run first innings.
It's now top of the 4th and the Marlins are winning 7-5.

Ive seen worse games.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So what does everyone make of the rash of injuries that have plagued pitchers through the opening games of the season? A lot of it being blamed on the shortened pitch clock, but I cant believe that is the sole reason so many pitchers are going down hurt so early...?
It’s RDZ and our medical teams fault

ps. Phillies flying again

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Diamondbacks are currently experiencing an injury crisis about as bad as Albion's. Beginning to think it might be my fault....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Bee-t LA! Bee-t LA!

An almost 2-hour delay to tonight's Dbacks-Dodgers game due to ...... bees. Thankfully D-backs manage to sting LA with a walk-off 2-run homer in the 10th.

Bees.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nats back down to earth last night with a pasting at the hands of the Texas Rangers. Very happy with the sweep against the hapless Marlins though. A surprisingly decent start to the season so far

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Mariners SPs are on fire.

With Castillo’s stellar outing, Mariners starting pitchers have allowed two earned runs or fewer in a franchise-record 18 consecutive games.

The AL West-leading Mariners are also the first team in MLB history to post an ERA of 1.60 or lower and 160-plus strikeouts in an 18-game span.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Want a really brave prediction?

The St. Louis Cardinals will not be as bad as last year

There. Remind me of this in September

4th place. 1/2 game ahead of the Pirates while the Brewers are 1st place 1/2 game only above Cubs!!

How do you feel about the lowly birds now?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
"50 Summers" is a great docu-film about the Omaha Storm Chasers minor league team, and their 50th season opening weekend buildup.

Also, "The Battered Bastards of Baseball", which is about the independent Single A team started by Kurt Russell's dad in the '70s.

"42", (the Jackie Robinson story) is a brilliant movie, starring Harrison Ford, and the late Chadwick Boseman.

Then, you have the usual suspects like: A League of their Own, The Babe, Million Dollar Arm, Moneyball, The Sandlot, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, For Love of the Game, The Rookie, Major League etc.

All great movies

What's the movie with Robert Redford and the fictional NY Knights?

Jul 7, 2003
As someone who follows the Rockies, we are setting record after record this season....

"In Wednesday’s loss, the Rockies — who on Tuesday became the first team in baseball’s modern era to trail in each of its first 29 games while blowing a 5-0 ninth-inning lead in the series opener — matched another franchise low.

By trailing in all 30 games this year, this club tied the Colorado record for trailing in consecutive games at any point in a season, set in a dismal stretch from June 15 to July 20 in 1998.

Next up on the infamy checklist: Colorado is approaching the franchise record for games without a consecutive win, set at 35 in May and June in 2022. The Rockies now have the worst record in the National League."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here