Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Well Pissed off to see that they are starting work on building there new stadium next month in time for 2006/2007 season ..We cant even get a decision outof Jonny Pisspot yet !!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
ditchy said:
Well Pissed off to see that they are starting work on building there new stadium next month in time for 2006/2007 season ..We cant even get a decision outof Jonny Pisspot yet !!

Apologies their !!

Bit of mis-information being put about from the winkie here. AGAIN.

They are not starting work on the stadium it seems. Apparently some prepartory/enabling work is being carried out on the site in readiness for the actual construction to begin. But they have not yet recieved full planning permission, something to with something called an s106. On this site
http://donsmk.ipbhost.com/
there is a (be nice, she's a nice anti-franny lady) Palace fan who has legal experience in planning issues and she tends to explain things a lot better thanI do.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Franchise are using the National Hockey Centre in a similar way to we are using Withdean, temporary stands and all that. I suspect that an astroturf pitch will have had to be removed to make way for a grass one though.

Curious Orange said:
Franchise are using the National Hockey Centre in a similar way to we are using Withdean, temporary stands and all that. I suspect that an astroturf pitch will have had to be removed to make way for a grass one though.

I've just checked - and you're spot on.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The S106 agreement is the same as what we've had to negotiate for Falmer.

Basically, it spells out all the things you have to do to appease the local authorities before they'll let you use the site. It usually includes access, transport policy and the like.

No surprise that MK didn't have theirs sorted prior to putting the application in, as this is usually the case. The specifics will come out of the conditions attached to the planning approval, no doubt.

Not a planning expert, myself, but I think all that's correct! I'm sure others will correct me if I've got anything wrong.

BrightonFoxDave

Jul 27, 2003
Southwick
Good God! Can't believe that Franchise could get a stadium site before Brighton. Outrageous. Hopefully they'll call it all off when no-one turns up there this season.

I have to live with the embarrasment that my club decided to go and play a friendly in Milton Keynes, despite the Foxes Trust opposing the game and calling for a boycott. What with Administration and La Manga, why do they want to court even more controversy?

We should have come down to Brighton again and supported a proper club in their stadium bid!

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait for the Franchise to play in their new, 30,000 seater stadium.

Should look amazing when 2,143 people cram into it for the visit of Kidderminster Harriers, or Rochdale.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
They will not be around come the start of 2006/07 season so don't see the point in starting any kind of work on a new stadium..

Sweetie said:
They will not be around come the start of 2006/07 season

Only if football fans work hard (and together) to ensure that they go out of business. So no complacency, please!

I remember hearing some Norwich fan on 606 stating how proud he was that over 5000 Norwich fans had made it to the midweek game against Winkelman FC. If 5000 Albion fans went there, I would be deeply ashamed.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
edna krabappel said:
Can't wait for the Franchise to play in their new, 30,000 seater stadium.

Should look amazing when 2,143 people cram into it for the visit of Kidderminster Harriers, or Rochdale.

Or AFC Wimbledon, Worthing, Lewes, Arundel etc

Curious Orange said:

They don't need to. FIFA have now made artificial surfaces acceptable since 1 July

At its 118th Annual General Meeting in London today (28 February 2004), the International Football Association Board (IFAB), chaired by FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter, approved a number of amendments to the Laws of the Game.
Key decisions reached included the following:

- Law 1 – The Field of Play: If permitted under the applicable competition rules, matches may be played on a natural turf or artificial turf surface. In the case of artificial turf, the surface must meet the requisite quality standards (i.e. the FIFA Quality Concept for Artificial Turf or the International Artificial Turf Standard).

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Storer68 said:
They don't need to. FIFA have now made artificial surfaces acceptable since 1 July

At its 118th Annual General Meeting in London today (28 February 2004), the International Football Association Board (IFAB), chaired by FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter, approved a number of amendments to the Laws of the Game.
Key decisions reached included the following:

- Law 1 – The Field of Play: If permitted under the applicable competition rules, matches may be played on a natural turf or artificial turf surface. In the case of artificial turf, the surface must meet the requisite quality standards (i.e. the FIFA Quality Concept for Artificial Turf or the International Artificial Turf Standard).

Is hockey astroturf the same as football astroturf though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here