MK Dons v Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grandaddie

Jul 13, 2004
Near Horsham
I really hope our friends at AFC Wimbledon don't see this..especially those who have supported us through thick & thin and contributed much correspondence to support our campaigns.
Ipswich, QPR & Colchester have all cancelled PSFs with "franchise"...how desperate do we want to look.:angry:

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
readingstockport said:
I really can't believe you lot are doing this. After what happened with you having to play in Gillingham whilst fighting to retain your team in your own city.

Gobsmacked. :nono: :nono:

Agree totally no-one should attend this match and i am disgusted that the club even contemplated it let alone agreed to play them.
:censored: :censored: :angry:

QPR cancelled their friendly with them due to pressure from their own fans.

Franchise F C should not be in the League it is a complete travesty that they were allowed to steal the Club from its roots and move it up the M1 to concrete city.

As for those worried about their tick box how about do what many others have done from other clubs, ignore Franchise F C boycott the game and go to whereever AFC Wimbledon the real Dons are playing that day.

After all we went through in the dark days nearly losing the club we love and being forced to go to Kent how can any true Albion fan even consider visiting Franchise FC ?

Fans United = AFC Wimbledon not Franchise FC.

This game should not be taking place.:angry: :angry: :angry:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
THis is a real PR gaffe by BHAFC - can't believe Dick will have sanctioned this ....

Thankfully I am at WOMAD that weekend, but otherwise would rather have watched Palace than visit Milton Keynes and pay any gate money to Franchise United

gazzamk

Apr 1, 2004
Near Milton Keynes
Vs MK Dons

Hey think of us poor sussex expats up here in the MK Seagulls. This is the nearest we get to walking to a home match, apart from Sussex vs Northants in campbell park Milton Keynes in August, which we will be attending as well.:clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
BOYCOTT MK Dons

If integrity and solidarity mean anything WE MUST boycott this friendly and make our feelings known to Martin P, MM and Dick that to arrange this fixture and put money into MK Dons coffers IS NOT on!

I gather QPR had already called off a friendly with MK Don s because their fans threatened to disrupt the game

I know it is corny but FANS united must never be defeated .... much rather have a pre season friendly with FC Wimbledon

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
whats all the fuss about? possibly the only time we,ll play them as they continue to slide into oblivion as AFC pass them on their wayup.
Besides we are desperate, by that stage of preseason its all about gaining match fitness. I doubt if whoever decided to arrange the game is overly concerned with the politics of MK's move.
Everyone should remember that had wimbledon not moved & become MK Dons they would ,by now, have been closed down anyway.What would you prefer Albion at Gillingham or no Albion at all?

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Re: BOYCOTT MK Dons

On the Left Wing said:
If integrity and solidarity mean anything WE MUST boycott this friendly and make our feelings known to Martin P, MM and Dick that to arrange this fixture and put money into MK Dons coffers IS NOT on!

I gather QPR had already called off a friendly with MK Don s because their fans threatened to disrupt the game

I know it is corny but FANS united must never be defeated .... much rather have a pre season friendly with FC Wimbledon

I agree after all our club has been through, we can't play a club that destroyed another. I am disgusted by this friendly arrangement.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the wanderbus said:
Everyone should remember that had wimbledon not moved & become MK Dons they would ,by now, have been closed down anyway.

That is not true. The situation was exagerrated to suit the scum that wanted to move them.

My "disgusted of Brighton" email is already with Mr Perry (assuming he's in the office).

There is an interesting recent development on this. It looks as if MK Dons have capitulated to demands by the Football Supporters Federation and have agreed to return all Wimbledon's "history" - trophies, honours, etc - to the borough of Merton.

Following this, I think there are now moves to allow the MK Dons Supporters Association to join the Federation, which would coincide with moves to end the organised boycott - the feeling being that while the Wimbledon saga remains abhorrent to most supporters, it is time "to move on".

The Albion supporters club - I guess this is the "bobblers" that are referred to in the thread? - seem to have accepted this but still appear to be condemning any attempts to organise friendlies "at the present time" - this position was put forward before today's news.

Last edited:

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
the wanderbus said:
whats all the fuss about? possibly the only time we,ll play them as they continue to slide into oblivion as AFC pass them on their wayup.
Besides we are desperate, by that stage of preseason its all about gaining match fitness. I doubt if whoever decided to arrange the game is overly concerned with the politics of MK's move.
Everyone should remember that had wimbledon not moved & become MK Dons they would ,by now, have been closed down anyway.What would you prefer Albion at Gillingham or no Albion at all?

Difference is we were told by the FA that we had to move back to Brighton within a set timescale or be thrown out of the League. However as has been stated Wimbledon's position was greatly exaggerated so that the club was forcibly moved and renamed. The reason the Football League caved in over it was it had no money to fight the legal action threatened if they kept up their objections.

If we had gone out of business in those dark days we would have no doubt started a new club as the true wimbledon supporters did AFC Wimbledon.

Your argument does not stand up IMO as Wimbledon still exist despite having their League status stolen from them. Their name has changed but slowly they are fighting their way back and also we would not have been allowed to stay out of the Brighton area much longer than we did without losing our League status.

I cannot believe after all we have been through and what happened to the True Wimbledon that we are even having this argument amongst ourselves.

It should not be boycott this friendly it should be a united front demanding that it is cancelled.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I agree with most of what LI posts .... but

to go-ahead with his fixture and pay gate receipts to MK Dons would
a) Be a betrayal of our integrity to oppose those who ruin football clubs for financial gain - ironic coming 10 years after our own battle
b) Be slap in the face to FC Wimbledon and the supporters of the former Wimbledon FC
c) Give our opponents a bat to clobber us

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Alby said:

It should not be boycott this friendly it should be a united front demanding that it is cancelled.

I agree .... that is what my email to MP states

I personally will be boycotting BUT I ask MP to cancel the fixture anyway

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is a load of tripe.
Brighton badly need a friendly and at this short notice MK Dons are prob one of the only teams that are free at late notice, but of course some of the more self important fans for all posters cry foul when its really no more than a pre season match.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
On the Left Wing said:

What?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Alby said:

Wimbledon still exist despite having their League status stolen from them. /B]

your 100% right & as I've already said I'm looking forward to them passing MK on thier way up

Alby said:

It's not going to bother the Albion if anyone boycotts the game & I doubt it'll be cancelled.The players need a game that weekend & thanks to swindon there 's not a lot of opportunity to arrange a game with anybody else. They need match practice/ fitness or we'll have yet another disadvantage before a ball has been kicked. was it only yesterday that people were complaining we only had 1 friendly against league opposition?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a bit like being friends with a convicted paedophile isn't it? We haven't got any 'friends' (i.e. nobody wants to play us) so we have to be 'friends' with another outcast club. I can see kinky's point, we need the match, but I can't say I'm pleased about it.

Can't they play it behind closed doors?

On the Left Wing said:

to go-ahead with his fixture and pay gate receipts to MK Dons would
a) Be a betrayal of our integrity to oppose those who ruin football clubs for financial gain - ironic coming 10 years after our own battle
b) Be slap in the face to FC Wimbledon and the supporters of the former Wimbledon FC

I wasn't actually putting forward my own views - just describing what is happening among the organised supporters groups and federations.

As it happens, I sympathise with your passion on the issue.

The confusing element for me is an issue about how long boycotts should last - should they be for ever more, or for a targeted period of time.

The parallel is News International, should anyone really be now boycotting reading the Times or sunscribing to Sky because of what happened at Wapping 20 years ago?

All boycotts must be targeted and have a set aim.

I don't actually know whether the time is now right to lift the boycott on the MK Dons. There is some quite confused thinking on this issue, the Albion Supporters Club appear to be saying the organised boycott of league games should end, but they accept people may want to make individual gestures, and they feel friendly fixtures are wrong "at the present time".

Since MK Dons have been in the concrete cow town, new football supporters have undoubtedly come forward to enjoy the game, (or as much as you can a team slipping down the leagues :lol: ) Do we have any duty of solidarity to these football supporters who took no part in the original crime?

All very confusing and I will admit to being confused :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports