Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Cup tickets

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Probably but with the cost of a ticket so low and additional stewarding per new stand open might mean a huge loss on the game given shared ticket receipts as well.

Sorry but I really can't see the cost of stewarding out weighing the potential ticket sales, just from the response on here in a couple of hours. I thought we are supposed to be a Premier league ready football club?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry but I really can't see the cost of stewarding out weighing the potential ticket sales just from the response on here in a couple of hours. I thought we are supposed to be a Premier league ready football club?

Well kind of, Barber claims he only ever said that once........

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
They may open corners where the concourse is configured to allow fans into East and West concourse.
They will not want to open a new stand as the cost to steward may out weigh the income.
The club did warn it was East and West Lower only.
One thing that may affect some people's decision to want to go to this game now is the Cardiff cancellation.
Some including me thought the 2 xmas games was sufficient.
Now there is not a home game for almost 4 weeks since QPR.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I would have thought that if demand was there they could open a further stand at increased admission charges, with the statement that all the cheaper seats are sold.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
In that message Barber put out before Christmas didn't he say that they'd release extra space subject to demand? And have they actually put all lower W&E blocks on sale yet as they were staging the release.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
About 580 seats left looking at the website, including half a block (237 seats) at the south end of the east stand (e1f) which next to the away fans (who are also located in the east stand)
and 314 seats in block e1b (half a block again)

These 2 halves of 2 blocks can only recently have gone on sale as there is so little uptake in them

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
About 580 seats left looking at the website, including half a block (237 seats) at the south end of the east stand (e1f) which next to the away fans (who are also located in the east stand)

These 2 halves of 2 blocks can only recently have gone on sale as there is so little uptake in them

There you are then. They're phasing release to minimise unnecessary stewarding etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In that message Barber put out before Christmas didn't he say that they'd release extra space subject to demand? And have they actually put all lower W&E blocks on sale yet as they were staging the release.
Yes, all sold out according to ticketting app.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

OK E1F has come on line. E1B seems to require a child.

E1F next to the away goons though, so will wait for the next block to become available.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Emailed Paul Barber earlier. He's just replied:

Dear Russ

Thank you for your email - and happy new year.

The ticketing team will automatically release more seats over the next few days according to demand - we can assess this by website visits - and they have indeed released more seats for sale in the past couple of hours.

With a relatively low ticket price and under the rules of The FA Cup, our club only being entitled to 45% of ticket revenue, we must release areas of the stadium for sale in the most cost effective way possible.

I do hope you, your family and friends find the tickets you are looking for.

Kind regards, Paul

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here