Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mixed emotions

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Looking at the table right now Everton are i point above Leeds who are just in the drop zone - which means Everton beating us saved them from the drop (which I'm pissed about) and consigned Leeds to it (which I'm ecstatic about).

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Looking at the table right now Everton are i point above Leeds who are just in the drop zone - which means Everton beating us saved them from the drop (which I'm pissed about) and consigned Leeds to it (which I'm ecstatic about).
You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Martin Keown made a very good point on Saturday during Final Score by saying it's ridiculous that Leicester have to wait until the Monday night at this stage of the season to play their weekend match.

He should be on Sky with the awful, laughing hysterically Micah Richards brought back to the BBC.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't really have an axe to grind with Leicester so hope they win and Everton AND Leeds both in drop zone :D
I broadly agree with this.
Watching the Everton game full of Dyche inspired dark arts made me want Everton to fall.
He's just turned them into Burnley.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
My sister went to uni there, so for a couple years Leicester was our base of operations for away games, whether it be midlands or further up North. Have a soft spot for the place, Leicester's alright.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I broadly agree with this.
Watching the Everton game full of Dyche inspired dark arts made me want Everton to fall.
He's just turned them into Burnley.
And I've love to see Big Sam get relegated again..... moreso after his "I'm as good as Pep" comments :D

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Before our game with Everton I must say the Everton fans I met were amongst the nicest away fans I’ve had interactions with. Wishing us good luck in our quest for Europe and the match against them.
Leicester fans are homophobic and Leeds can do one scummy wankers.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Martin Keown made a very good point on Saturday during Final Score by saying it's ridiculous that Leicester have to wait until the Monday night at this stage of the season to play their weekend match.
And they again have to wait until Monday night for their following game at Newcastle.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is no doubt for me that of all the clubs fighting relegation Everton fans are the best.

Yet I also think they are the biggest threat to Albion's progression; they are up for sale and they'll be moving into their new stadium, so if that goes well for them they should return to the Top 8.

And much as I'd like to see Leicester beat Liverpool and Newcastle, we could also do with them going down as they know how to handle Europe and win domestic cups.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Unfortunately i fear Forest will drop, can`t see them getting anymore points.
Everton will save themselves against Wolves or Bournemouth.
Leeds may win at West Ham after European trip for Hammers or at home to the very average Spurs.
Can`t imagine Spurs will fancy Elland Road last game.

Leicester need a minimum point tonight or they are gone.
Newcastle away will be another defeat and even beating West Ham at home will only give them 33/34 if they draw tonight.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
This.

We need them to win their remaining matches to turbocharge our push for Europe.
I am in the camp that we want Liverpool to beat Leicester tonight as that keeps Newcastle honest and means they might have to come out and try and get a result against us. A Liverpool defeat and they can sit back and just try to hit us on the break. I think we have a better chance if they need to win

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am in the camp that we want Liverpool to beat Leicester tonight as that keeps Newcastle honest and means they might have to come out and try and get a result against us. A Liverpool defeat and they can sit back and just try to hit us on the break. I think we have a better chance if they need to win
I'm thinking less about Newcastle and more about the fact that anything but a Liverpool win will end their realistic Champions League hopes. With them playing Villa on Saturday, I'd rather that they weren't on the beach.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Agree Forest look in big trouble and they could go down with Leicester. Everton should win at least one more and unfortunately, I can see Leeds winning one of their games and staying up by the skin of their teeth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here